Torpedo level is an essential tool which has versatile uses and is irreplaceable when it comes to any construction jobs, no matter if you’re a professional or a rookie. Whether it’s for DIY projects or for high-level work, you need the best torpedo levels to make it a successful project. It’s highly important that you buy a quality product as it helps you see if the work surface is in satisfying shape, or if the angles are right.
With the torpedo level tool, you can monitor your building performance and see if there are any crucial things you need to do so you can get everything in balance and improve the quality of your work. Therefore, we are going to review the high-quality products you can find online so that it can be easier for you to make a good investment.
- Features to Consider in Good Torpedo Levels
- The 31 Best Torpedo Levels 2020
- 1. Lighted Level, Magnetic Torpedo
- 2. WilFiks Torpedo Level, 9” Inch Leveling Tool
- 3. Swanson TL043M 9-Inch Savage Magnetic Torpedo Level
- 4. Stanley 43-511 Magnetic Shock Resistant Torpedo Level
- 5. Klein Tools 935AB4V Torpedo Level, Magnetic
- 6. GemRed Digital Level Angle Slope
- 7. Stabila 25100 10-Inch Die-Cast Rare Earth Magnetic Level
- 8. GOLDBLATT 9-inch Lighted Torpedo Level
- 9. Johnson Level & Tool 1435-1200 12-inch Magnetic Torpedo Level
- 10. Stabila - 70TMW Torpedo Level
- 11. Empire True Blue 9-And 12 Inch Heavy-duty Magnetic Aluminum Torpedo Level
- 12. Stabila 25245 - Die Cast Magnetic Torpedo with 45 degree vial and V-groove frame
- 13. WORKPRO Torpedo Level
- 14. Johnson Level & Tool 40-6184 Torpedo Laser Dot
- 15. Digi-Pas DWL280PRO Waterproof IP67 Digital Torpedo Level
- 16. TACKLIFE Level 12-Inch Aluminum Alloy Magnetic Torpedo Level
- 17. CHECKPOINT 0300PL Pro Mag Precision Torpedo Level, Platinum
- 18. Swanson Tool TL002M 9-Inch Magnetic Die Cast Torpedo Level
- 19. Empire Level EM81.9G 9 Inch Magnetic Torpedo Level
- 20. Greenlee L107 Electrician's Torpedo Level
- 21. GemRed Digital Level Angle Slope Measure
- 22. Sola MM 5 25 Cast Aluminum Magnetic Torpedo Level
- 23. DOWELL 9 Inch Magnetic Box Level Torpedo Level,3 Different
- 24. Johnson Level & Tool 1457-1000 10-Inch Magnetic Electronic Digital Torpedo Level
- 25. Sheffield 58640 9 Inch Magnetic V-Groove Torpedo Level
- 26. CHECKPOINT 0300B Pro Mag Precision Torpedo Level, Blue
- 27. CHECKPOINT 0303R Ultra-Mini G3 Torpedo Level, Red
- 28. Johnson Level & Tool 4500M 9-Inch Magnetic Aluminum Torpedo Level
- 29. Kapro 926M Magnetic Billet Level with Set Screw, 6-Inch Length
- 30. OX Tools Heavy-Duty Box Level
- 31. Workpro 3-piece Spirit Level Set
- Guide to Buying the Best Torpedo Levels
- The Verdict
Features to Consider in Good Torpedo Levels
There is a wide range of torpedo levels available in the market right now. These products have many differences between them. This buying guide will help you know what to look for when choosing the right torpedo level.
What is a Torpedo Level?
A torpedo level is a smaller version of a spirit level and it’s meant to be used in tight spaces. It gets its name from its long, thin torpedo-like shape. Some brands even have tapered edges and look even more like a torpedo, designed to easily slide the level into your pocket.
Do You Need a Torpedo Level?
A torpedo level is great for plumbers, electricians, and carpenters. However, you can find countless ways to use it around the house. You can use it for simply hanging photos, putting up shelves, building flat pack furniture, or anything else you need a level for. Unless you’re a contractor who uses one every day, a torpedo level is one of those things that you do not think about until you need it. They are relatively inexpensive and will always come in handy.
Features of Torpedo Levels
Although torpedo levels are generally pretty simple tools, there’s still a decent range available. Not all are created equal, which is why it’s important to know what features to look for.
All vials are not made the same. The material used can be plastic, glass, or acrylic. Glass is tough and less likely to leak, crack, or fog over making it one of the best choices. If you’re looking for something that will last for a long time, glass will hold up better.
Some companies use vials that are UV resistant. This is important if you do a lot of work outside. It means the coloring in the liquid won’t fade and the material won’t be damaged by exposed sun. The level will last longer and its performance won’t suffer.
The vials are filled with liquid, most commonly diluted ethanol. There’s an air bubble that moves as you adjust the level which is how you read the angle. Most levels have a bright greenish yellow liquid filling the vials but some do attempt to make the bubble more apparent. There are some that comes equipped with LED lights, too.
Torpedo levels have been made to handle working in more strenuous environments. When it comes to durability, the most important thing is the material of the frame. They’re most commonly made of ABS plastic or an aluminum alloy. Both of these materials are lightweight and durable but there are some differences. The biggest one is that plastic can be molded into just about any shape and is not effected by heat or cold areas. Aluminum will get hot and cold depending on the temperature of the environment.
If you work with metal, get a torpedo level equipped with magnets. It lets you use the level hands-free and is one of the most convenient features you’ll find. Rare earth magnets are more powerful than strip magnets and are a more popular choice but strip magnets are still available, too.
A V-groove is basically a way to help you guide pipes and conduits into place quickly and accurately. It’s a pretty simple concept. One side of the level is shaped like a V. The material fits into the groove which gives you more control. It helps stabilize the material and makes the job easier.
Thumb screws are essential if you’re working with conduits. The thumb screw attaches the level to a piece of conduit so you can use the level while bending. If you’re not planning to bend any conduit, the thumb screw isn’t necessary. Please note that that the thumb screw will not get in your way if you’re not planning to use it.
Digital torpedo levels are a perfect choice for anyone who has a hard time reading the measurements using vials. Usually, these levels have a large screen that displays the angle. Some even include other measurements, like inches per foot, millimeters per meter, or even slope.
If you use a level a lot or if you’re the kind of person who loves gadget and like to have the newest tech, you’ll appreciate the digital level. They are nice to use and perform well but they work just as well as low-tech torpedo levels.
The 31 Best Torpedo Levels 2020
Why we like it: Klein Tools’ magnetic torpedo level features great performance as it comes with advanced read options and a good structure that ensures the tool’s longevity.
This torpedo level comes with large, bright LED high-definition vials which are easy to read in any lighting condition which increases the tool’s efficacy and provides you with reliable use. Also, patented magnet track prevents Rare Earth magnets from falling out, which means that you can use this product with no worries about its sudden functional fails. The tool is large and easy-to-read, so you can focus on other aspects of your work and not spend too much time deciphering the information displayed. Also, the large top-view vial windows make it even easier for you to read the information from multiple angles, which means that your overall performance will be enhanced. To save the battery life, the tool features a 3-minute auto shut-off option.
- It’s easy to read the information displayed on the torpedo level.
- You can use the tool in any work conditions.
- This torpedo level features a long lifespan and quality construction.
- Some users reported problems with tool’s LED lighting being too bright in some situations.
Why we like it: WilFiks torpedo level tool features a design which makes it convenient to use and also, the tool features immense durability.
WilFiks torpedo tool is 9 inches long, so it’s compact and lightweight, but will provide you with outstanding accuracy. Also, the tool is very reliable as it can withstand long use and will provide you with accurate information in any work condition. The tool features two practical holes at each end, which makes it easy for you to hang it once it’s not in use. This torpedo level is made of high-quality materials and features a heavy-duty aluminum alloy frame that can endure rough use and survive falls. WilFiks torpedo tool comes with great design as it features a bright green color which makes the tool easy to spot in a tool bag or job site.
- The tool features a compact design.
- It’s easy to read the information this tool provides you with.
- The tool’s construction is durable and strong.
- Some users reported that the tool was too small for what they needed to do.
Why we like it: This torpedo level tool features 4 strong neodymium magnets and comes with a durable construction which can withstand extensive use.
Swanson torpedo level comes with 4 rare earth neodymium magnets which guarantee powerful hold and reliable use of the tool. Also, the sealed top and bottom working vials are designed in such a way to never let you down and provide you with superior accuracy in any work conditions. The precision of the tool is additionally provided by great construction design that comes combined with a machine production which ensures the tool’s edges to be sharp and all the surfaces absolutely flat. Also, laser etching and anodized finish enable you to read the information with ease and get precise results that enhance your overall performance.
- The tool’s design provides you with superior accuracy.
- The information provided by this torpedo level is easy to read.
- Quality production ensures the tool’s durability.
- Some users reported that the level’s bubble was too big.
Why we like it: Shock-resistant torpedo level design provides you with superior performance in any work conditions.
Stanley torpedo level ensures the quality of your performance as it provides you with great accuracy and outstanding durability. It’s easy to read the information provided by the tool as it features an open, top-read vial which can show you precise information in any angle. Also, the torpedo level comes with a bi-material body that features rubber ends for shock absorption which means that you can use the tool with ease in any work conditions. Pipe groove makes this torpedo level a great choice for use on rounded surfaces. Also, the tool is water-resistant so you can use it in wet or humid conditions which additionally increases the level of the tool’s performance and reliability.
- This torpedo level features shock-resistant design.
- The tool is made of high-quality materials.
- You can use the tool in any weather conditions.
- Some users complained about the tool being too small in size.
Why we like it: Durability and outstanding design are the two key features that will significantly enhance the quality of your performance.
Klein Tools torpedo level comes with a well-designed magnet track which prevents earth magnets from falling out. This means that you can use the tool with ease and confidence in its functionality all the time. Also, the tool comes with thumb screws which help you attach the level to a conduit to measure angle while bending. The design of the level’s vials is outstanding and provides you with great visibility that makes it easier for you to read the information provided by the tool. High-visibility orange aluminum body ensures the tool’s superior durability and makes the tool easy to see on conduit or job site.
- The tool features a uniquely designed magnet track that prevents earth magnets from falling out.
- The construction of the tool ensures its longevity and reliable performance.
- You can eliminate dog legs and make conduit bending easier.
- The tool is not designed for night use.
Why we like it: This digital torpedo level comes with great performance features that will significantly improve the quality of your work.
GemRed torpedo level features a vibrant red color design that makes it easier for you to spot the tool and quickly retrieve it when needed. Also, this tool features a 360-degree measuring range which greatly enhances the performance of the tool and enables you to come out with precise results in any work conditions. With this tool, you can work in the majority of weather conditions as it can be fully operational from minus 10 degrees Celsius to plus 50 degrees. Also, the tool features excellent conversion between absolute measurement, relative measurement and inclination measurement. The tool automatically shuts off after 6 minutes to save the battery.
- This torpedo level is going to enhance your performance.
- 360-degree measuring range makes this tool useful in all the work conditions.
- The tool features excellent conversion between different measurements.
- This torpedo level consumes the battery very fast.
Why we like it: Stabila torpedo level is a heavy-duty tool that will provide you with outstanding performance.
This torpedo level features very durable construction that is made of 10-inch metal frame and two acrylic vials that allow for superior visibility of the information provided by the tool. Also, this torpedo level easily fits into a tool pouch holster, so you can carry it with ease and use it wherever. The level’s design is monoblock, so it can be more durable and less prone to breaking. Your performance will be additionally enhanced by 2 high-strength, flush-mounted rare earth magnets which are reportedly 10 times as strong as standard type magnets. Such magnet features make this tool more convenient and easy-to-use.
- This tool is designed for heavy-duty use.
- The tool’s design makes it convenient for use.
- Special magnet design enhances the tool’s overall performance.
- Some users complained about the size of the bubble being too big.
Why we like it: Goldblatt torpedo level is going to provide you with superior accuracy and reliable performance.
This torpedo level features a high accuracy rate and is made of machined billet aluminum which significantly improves the tool’s durability and provides you with optimum performance. Also, the vials feature a unique patented design that allows you to read the information from side in confined space. The self-contained light system enables you to work in dark places and you will need 2 AAA alkaline batteries to make the light system functional. Also, the level features a strong magnetic attraction as it has 4-piece holding magnetic base on the very bottom of the tool so it can create a strong magnetic force. The tool features a portable design with a hanger hole which makes it easier for you to store the level and carry it.
- This level comes with excellent accuracy features.
- The vials allow you to easily read the information from the side in confined space.
- The light system makes it easier for you to use the level in any work conditions.
- Some users reported problems with the battery compartment breaking after rough use.
Why we like it: Johnson Level offers a high-quality torpedo level which allows for comfortable use and provides you with excellent accuracy.
Johnson Level torpedo level comes with a powerful griptight V-groove rare earth magnets hold which enables you to use the tool on flat, or round ferrous metal surfaces. The vials are intentionally oversized to provide you with enhanced visibility of the information in any light and weather conditions. Also, top-read windows are designed for easy viewing which proves as exceptionally useful in tight spaces. The 4 vials are meant to provide you with plumb, level, multi-pitch, and 45-degrees measurement information. The multi-pitch center vial is designed to read slope in 1/8-inch increments and surround view vials reflect ambient light for improved information overview.
- The level features durable construction.
- Vial design allows for comprehensive and easy reading of the measurement information.
- Surround View feature allows for ambient light to provide you with a clear display of information.
- Some users reported problems with the size of the tool being too small.
Why we like it: Stabila torpedo level is a compact level that enables you to carry the tool with ease and provides you with superior accuracy.
This torpedo level features only 25 cm in length which makes this tool very portable and convenient to use. Also, the level is lightweight so it can easily become a must-have in your tool kit. The level features a total of 3 vials that provide you with superior visibility of the information. One of the vials is fixed vertical, one is fixed horizontally and one vial is designed for angles and features a rotation option. The vials feature a high-quality production that prolongs their lifespan and keeps them accurate for up to 10 years. Also, the construction of this torpedo level is designed to allow you to use it extensively with no worries if the level’s functionality will suddenly fail you.
- The tool is convenient to use.
- Vials feature a great design that allows you to read the information with ease.
- This level is durable and will serve you for a longer period of time.
- The size of this level is not suitable for all sorts of operations.
Why we like it: This torpedo level is enhanced with interesting design solutions which are meant to provide you with optimum performance.
Empire Level offers a torpedo level that features an overhead viewing slot which is built into the top of the level and is designed to let you see if everything’s in balance even if you are looking from above. Also, the level comes with a magnetic edge that lets you mount the level on metal or piping, so you can keep your hands free and continue with other aspects of the work. This level features a pipe groove which is built into the edges and allows you to slide the level underneath tight surfaces, or on top of the piping, so you can get more accurate results.
- The level features a great design that enhances its functionality.
- The construction features allow for better measuring.
- This level features superior accuracy.
- The level’s performance tends to deteriorate after long periods of rough use.
Why we like it: Stabila torpedo level comes with very strong magnets and high-end accuracy which allows for optimum performance of the tool.
Stabila level features strong aluminum construction which is designed to withstand extensive and frequent use. Also, the measuring mechanism is enhanced with strong magnets and features superior accuracy that significantly improves the overall quality of your work. The vials are designed to be big and easy to read as the 45-degree vial and 90-degree vial are oversized for a better overview of the situation. Also, this level features a bright, yellow color design that helps you find the tool when it’s needed and don’t waste your time looking around the place for it. Stabila guarantees that the vials on the level will not fog, leak, or become inaccurate.
- The product features outstanding durability.
- You will get superior accuracy by using this level.
- The vial design allows you to easily read the information provided.
- This level is not as versatile as one might expect.
Why we like it: WORKPRO level is easy-to-read and features a compact design which allows for superior portability.
WORKPRO offers a torpedo level that features high-visibility vials, designed to be oversized, so you can have easier access to the information. Also, this level is able to measure 4 different angles as it comes with 4 vials that measure level, 90, 45, and 30 degrees angles. WORKPRO level is very durable as it features a high-quality production and tough materials like aluminum with anodized grit blasting that ensures durability and strength of the tool. Also, this level features a thumb screw that attaches the level to a conduit, so it can measure angle during bending. High-quality magnets provide superior holding strength and secure the torpedo level to the metal surface.
- This level comes with 4 easy-to-read vials.
- The tool provides you with accurate measurements.
- Durable construction allows for extensive use of the tool.
- Some users reported that the size of the level is too small.
Why we like it: Johnson level features immense durability and advanced measuring options that will provide you with superior accuracy.
The Johnson Three-Beam magnetic torpedo level features a measuring mechanism enhanced with a highly accurate laser which improves the overall performance of the tool. This level features a standard torpedo design but comes with advanced functions and outstanding durability. The lower edge of the level’s body has a V-groove and two sets of strong magnets that make working with metal objects simple and hands-free. If you want to power this level, you will need three AA batteries which are included in the kit. Expected battery life is about 50 hours and it powers three 90-degree laser beams that emit simultaneous level, plumb, and square points.
- Johnson level features advanced measuring options.
- The tool comes with outstandingly durable construction.
- Strong magnets make it easier for you to work on metal surfaces.
- Some users reported problems with learning how to use the tool.
Why we like it: Digi-Pas digital torpedo level features a high-quality measure mechanism that allows for incredible accuracy.
Digi-Pas digital torpedo level comes with a waterproof and shock-resistant design which is specially intended for professional use. You can operate this tool in all the weather conditions as it is waterproof and also features a cold-resistant design. Also, the level offers superior precision and easy re-calibration once the surface condition changes. The LED display comes with a magnetic base that is meant to be securely attached to metallic surfaces with a V-grove to properly align on a pipe. For improved accuracy, the LED display shows results in degrees and there is an auto invert display when gauge gets in an upside down position. There is also a buzzer sound at 0 degrees.
- Advanced measure mechanism provides you with great accuracy.
- LED display technology lets you easily read the information.
- The level is waterproof and cold-resistant.
- Some users reported problems with the information the level displays as you need to convert it to comprehensive measurements.
Why we like it: TACKLIFE torpedo level comes with a classic level design that provides you with a convenient use and a solid measure performance.
TACKLIFE level comes with 3 measuring ways that provide you with comprehensive results, thanks to the clear and intuitive acrylic vials with a top view. The level allows you to measure level, plumb and 45-degrees. The accuracy is even more enhanced with a heavy-duty aluminum alloy frame that provides your tool also with outstanding durability. TACKLIFE level is protected by TPR soft rubber material at the end caps, to the shock can be effectively prevented. This level comes with an orange powder-coated body, specially designed for you to easily spot the tool on the job site. With strong holding magnets, the tool can be attached to any iron for easy and hands-free operation.
- The level features a quality measurement mechanism.
- TACKLIFE level provides you with superior accuracy.
- Strong holding magnets allow for hands-free use of the tool on the metal surfaces.
- Some users reported that the size of the tool is too small for what they needed to do.
Why we like it: CHECKPOINT offers a high-quality torpedo level that features enormous durability and high-quality construction that allows for great accuracy of the tool.
CHECKPOINT torpedo level comes with a 4-vial system that reads 90, 45, and 30 degrees plus oversized zero degrees for a better overview of the measurement results. The level features an exclusive V-Groove system that allows the tool to attach to any pipe up to 10 inches in diameter with 4 rare earth neodymium magnets. Also, for quick referencing, this level has a built-in auto 45-degree angle that allows for superior alignment. The oversized magnets add up to the overall accuracy of the tool, so you can rely on its performance in any work conditions. This level is constructed of high-quality metal which provides the tool with immense durability.
- Great construction provides the tool with optimum accuracy and durability.
- This torpedo level is easy to use.
- High-quality options allow for hands-free use of the level on metal surfaces.
- The accuracy can get deteriorated if the tool falls.
Why we like it: Swanson torpedo level is designed to provide you with basic level functions that feature a high-quality performance.
Swanson torpedo level is designed to be a handy level tool which provides you with essential functions that help you increase the quality of your performance. The tool features 3 vials that measure different angles with great precision and reliability. Also, the construction of the tool is meant to provide it with enhanced durability and increased accuracy. The level is heavy-duty which means that you can use it extensively and count on its reliable performance in a majority of the working conditions. The level features an aluminum alloy frame with ABS high-impact inserts that allow for enhanced functionality and resilience of the tool.
- The tool features a basic, but high-quality design.
- This tool provides you with excellent accuracy.
- Swanson torpedo level is durable.
- Some users complained about the lack of advanced functions.
Why we like it: Empire Level offers a compact and durable torpedo level product which helps you see if everything’s in balance.
This torpedo level comes with a built-in overhead viewing slot that helps you monitor the situation in all the positions. Also, the built-in magnetic edge is another handy thing which lets you mount the level on a metal surface and operate hands-free if you need to work with other tools at the same time. The pipe groove that is built into the edges allows you to slide this level with ease underneath or on top of piping to get more accurate measurements. High contrast vial surroundings present a great design feature that allows for a better reading of the information on almost all of the known work surfaces.
- The tool features a basic design that provides you with great accuracy.
- It’s easy to read the information displayed by the tool.
- The tool is very portable.
- Some users complained about the tool’s size being too small for some tasks.
Why we like it: Greenlee torpedo level features great design and excellent functionality which provides you with great accuracy.
This professional grade torpedo level is designed to provide you with outstanding results that will enhance your overall performance. With four open vial ports, this torpedo level is made to help you easily view the measurement results from all sides and angles. This torpedo level is especially good for pipe and conduit work as it features a design that helps you out with all the critical aspects of your balance-checking work. There are four rare earth magnets built-in to allow for hands-free use on metal surfaces which means that you can concentrate on other parts of your work and use other tools while you are checking the balance of an object you’re working on.
- Vial design on this level is meant to provide you with a better overview of the balance status.
- Four built-in magnets allow for hands-free work on metal surfaces.
- The level is made of high-quality materials.
- Some users reported that the bubbles in the torpedo level are too big for a precise overview.
Why we like it: This digital torpedo level comes with a compact design and advanced options which are easy to use.
GemRed torpedo level is designed for an easy readout of the measurement results and features a large, easy-to-read digital screen with backlight that enhances visibility even in the darkest work conditions. This level is very accurate and features an accuracy of 0.2 degrees. There is also a built-in magnetic base which is meant to give you a chance to work hands-free on a metal surface and use other tools while checking the surface balance. The length of the torpedo level is 9 inches which means that it is pretty handy and useful for smaller measurements. If you want to use the digital features on this torpedo level, you’ll need 1 AAA battery that is included in the set.
- The level features a handy design.
- GemRed torpedo level is very accurate.
- Built-in magnets allow for hands-free use of the tool.
- Some users reported that there is a several seconds delay between the moment you turn on the tool and moment when it becomes operable.
Why we like it: Sola aluminum torpedo level is a product that features great quality and reliable performance.
Sola torpedo level comes with 3 patented easy-to-read vials that also feature a 30 percent magnification focus, thanks to the specific vial tube design. The level is made of durable cast aluminum that is coated in red epoxy, which means that you will be able to use this tool frequently and rely on its functionality. The leveling bubble is placed a bit tighter to the border of the vial, so you can have a better look at the measuring results. Also, the level is UV protected which means that you can use it during hot summer days and it glows in the dark, so you can use it in virtually any occasion and expect great results.
- The torpedo level features a compact design that makes it versatile.
- The vials feature a special design which allows for magnified view on the level bubbles.
- You can use the level in any weather condition.
- Some users found the magnifying feature too different from what they got used to.
Why we like it: DOWELL torpedo level will provide you with reliable use of the standard level features that greatly increase the level of your performance.
DOWELL level comes with a classic, simple design that features 3 different bubbles for leveling and a compact construction that allows you to carry the tool wherever you go. If you are working with metal surfaces, the tool has a strong holding magnetic edge which allows you to attach the level on any metal surface with ease. This option allows for hands-free use of the tool and gives you time to focus on some other parts of the works and use other tools while using the level. Also, the tool features a small hole for easy hanging and free carry. The construction of this torpedo level is designed for heavy-duty use and features an aluminum frame that ensures the longevity of the tool.
- The tool has a compact design, which allows for versatile use of the level.
- DOWELL torpedo level comes with durable construction.
- This level is very accurate.
- Some users reported that the tool isn’t suitable for some more advanced tasks.
Why we like it: Johnson Level & Tool torpedo level comes with advanced measuring technology that allows for detailed information.
This torpedo level features an angle inclination in 3 construction languages known widely as units of measure, which means that you can check the results and use them for various calculations and analysis. There are a self-calibrate and automatic digit inversion for overhead measurements which can be of great help when you are doing some advanced measuring tasks. The level is also very durable as it features a strong 10 inches solid aluminum frame that ensures the tool’s longevity and optimum accuracy. This level features powerful rare earth magnets that enable you to attach the level to metal surfaces and use other tools at the same time.
- The level features advanced measure technology that allows for superior accuracy of the tool.
- The tool is very durable as it features strong aluminum construction.
- High-quality magnets allow for hands-free use of the tool.
- This torpedo level is designed for professionals, so it’s hard to use it if you’re a beginner.
Why we like it: Sheffield torpedo level features a standard design which provides you with great accuracy and reliable use.
Sheffield torpedo level is a very accurate tool that features accuracy to within 1/32-inch. Also, the product comes with a patented self-centering magnetic V-groove edge that also adds up to the overall accuracy of the tool. Also, this torpedo level is made of high-quality materials which also add up to the overall efficacy of the level and its longevity. The reliable performance of this tool is guaranteed as it features protective end caps and is, therefore, safe from damage caused by falling. The tool features 3 high-visibility solid block vials with top views that help you read the information with ease and see how accurate this tool is.
- This tool features a standard design that provides you with superior accuracy.
- This torpedo level is made of high-quality materials that ensure the tool’s longevity and reliable performance.
- The vials are designed to help you read the information with ease in any work conditions.
- Some users reported that the Sheffield torpedo level was not suitable for certain tasks.
Why we like it: Checkpoint torpedo level is a handy tool that is meant to provide you with precise performance and immense durability that will help this tool withstand extensive and rough use.
This torpedo level is designed to be a professional grade tool which should provide you with boasted portability, efficiency and immense durability. Checkpoint torpedo level features strong rare earth magnets that allow you to attach the tool to the metal surface and use it hands-free while getting focused on the other aspects of your work. Also, there is a built-in auto 45-degree angle that should provide you with quick referencing options and perfect alignment. All the vials are oversized, so you can have a better overview of the information provided by the tool. This torpedo level tool is made of high-quality materials that ensure the level’s durability and optimum performance in all the weather and working conditions.
- The tool comes with a standard torpedo level design which allows for reliable use of the level.
- Vial design makes it easier for you to read the information provided.
- The torpedo level is made of high-quality materials which are meant to provide the tool with notable durability that helps it withstand rough use.
- The tool has a lack of advanced options that could enhance its performance.
Why we like it: Checkpoint offers a torpedo level tool that features an ultra-small design, suitable for small-time measuring tasks.
The specific design of this torpedo tool makes it a must-have product in your tool kit if you need an accurate angle check on small surfaces. This level comes with a 3-vial system that reads 90, 30, and 0 degrees with great accuracy. Also, there is a top view port which enables you to easily read the information from all sides. This torpedo level tool is designed to be compact and available at any moment for quick measuring tasks. Checkpoint level comes with an exclusive V-Groove system which allows this level to straddle any pipe up to 10 inches. A 30/0 degree offset calculation is engraved on the side of the level’s body, so you can have a quick reference while performing bends.
- Unique tool design allows for this level to perform angle check on very small surfaces.
- The tool is meant to be compact and fit any bag, toolkit, or pouch.
- Also, this torpedo level features great accuracy.
- It’s easy to lose this tool and it can easily disappear from your sight because of its small size.
Why we like it: Johnson Level & Tool torpedo level features a basic design, focused on pure functionality that provides you with outstanding durability and accuracy in all the work conditions.
This torpedo level features comes with a full-length cast aluminum frame which ensures the tool’s immense durability and allows for reliable performance of the tool. The edges of the tool are CNC machined which means that the tool is a quality product that was focused on providing the tool with enough strength and accuracy to improve your overall performance. It’s easy to read the information on this torpedo level as it comes with well-designed vials that feature 360-degree visibility. Also, the vials are surrounded by SurroundView white polymer frames which are meant to enhance the vials’ visibility. The edge of the level is designed to be strong and to provide you with a possibility of hands-free use of the level. Powerful magnets are meant to attach the level to any metal surface with ease.
- The tool features outstanding functionality.
- Vial design allows for superior visibility of the information provided by the level.
- This torpedo level is a high-quality product that ensures its durability and reliable performance in all the work conditions.
- The lack of some more advanced options decreases the versatility of the tool.
Why we like it: Kapro torpedo level features a set of handy options that will enhance your user experience and provide you with stable performance in all the working conditions.
This torpedo level features shockproof vials that have a lifetime warranty with the horizontal vials featuring gradient for 1-2 percent slope measuring. This means that the tool is designed for superior accuracy. Kapro torpedo level comes with Optivision Red technology which is meant to increase vial visibility up to 8 times and let you easily read the information provided by the tool. You can see the vial bubble status even in low light or very bright conditions. The plumb site dual-view offers a unique front view of the plumb vial and makes vertical leveling easier and more precise. Strong Rare earth magnets and a V-groove allows for better grip when working with pipes and conduits. The durability of the torpedo level is ensured by high-quality production.
- The tool features great design solutions that maximize its efficacy and level of performance.
- With superior vial visibility, you will be able to easily read the information.
- Strong magnets allow for hands-free use of the tool on metal surfaces.
- The product features a size which isn’t suitable for versatile use.
Why we like it: Ox Tools heavy-duty level is designed for challenging tasks and features immense durability and accuracy.
Ox tools torpedo level comes with plumb site vial viewer that allows the plumb vial to be read from a front view position. This option greatly increases the level of information display clarity and enhances your performance. Also, this vial is free from the parallax error. The level is made of two materials and it’s air-cushioned with shockproof enc caps which are meant to protect levels from the possible damage caused by falling. The tool is equipped with dedicated wall grips on both sides of the level, which allow for symmetrical use and prevent damage of work surface. Soft grip handles are designed to provide you with comfortable use of the level.
- The level is designed to endure heavy-duty tasks.
- This tool is very accurate.
- It’s comfortable to use the tool.
- The tool is not suitable for smaller surfaces.
Why we like it: This level set provides you with all the essential features that will improve your overall performance and help you see if everything’s in balance.
Workpro level set provides you with one 12-inches and one 24-inches level that feature strong box beam frame design which ensures the tools’ durability. Also, the set comes with on 9 inches level with milled measuring surface and 4-piece strong button magnet that allows for hands-free use of the tool on metal surfaces. All the pieces in the set come with great accuracy and provide you with outstanding performance in all the weather and working conditions. Each level has its own specific purpose and together, these levels will equip you with an outstanding kit. All the levels feature high-quality production that adds up to the overall efficacy of the tools.
- This level set provides you with great accuracy
- All the set pieces are durable.
- Each level is suitable for specific work conditions.
- Some users complained about the levels’ vial design.
Guide to Buying the Best Torpedo Levels
Now that you have seen the top 30 best torpedo levels, you now need to choose one that is best for you. Here are some of the most important things you need to consider when you want to find the best torpedo level.
Quality of Materials
In most cases, the material that the torpedo level is made out of is going to determine its quality and overall value. Generally, the results and the success of the job will depend on the materials that your torpedo level is made out of.
Usually, the most common materials that torpedo levels are made out of are ABS plastic and aluminum. Both of these materials are good and they determine the torpedo level’s durability and performance as well. The ABS plastic torpedo levels are less durable, but way more convenient and easier to use.
On the other hand, the aluminum torpedo levels are durable, but they are not convenient for every job. Nonetheless, both these materials are lightweight which makes torpedo levels, tools you can easily work with.
Accuracy and Precision
Accuracy is one of the most important things to consider about torpedo levels. Simply speaking, if you want to get a great quality torpedo level, the accuracy should be your number one priority.
A good torpedo level will provide you with the assurance that your measuring is precise and accurate. Accuracy is quite an important thing, especially where 1/100th of an inch means a lot of difference.
Easy to Operate
It is quite easy to operate a torpedo level. All you need to know are the basics and how to read the vials. However, there are some torpedo levels that makes every job pretty easy. Usually, look out for torpedo levels with more than one vial. This means that torpedo levels with 0 degree, 45 degree, 90 degree, and even a 30 degree vials are better and easier to use.
Besides, there are torpedo levels that have magnets equipped on them making it quite easy to use. You can basically attach the torpedo level on the metal surface and use both of your hands to level the object perfectly.
When it comes to convenience, it’s quite important to look out for special features. The difference between the valuable torpedo levels and the ones that are a bit cheaply built is the convenience.
The features of a torpedo level make it quite convenient for any kind of job. A torpedo level with lots of features is a better choice than any other regular one. Also, some of the torpedo levels are built for only one type of a job and for that reason they only serve one purpose.
This thorough review had a goal to provide you with insights into the relevant factors you need to consider before investing in a new torpedo level tool. It’s important that you understand the nature of the work that needs you to use the specific kind of torpedo level as such understanding improves the quality of your choice.
Each of the reviewed levels has its own specific advantages in certain working conditions, so check the review closely to see which sort of levels will best suit your needs. The most important feature is accuracy, so make sure that the torpedo level you choose to buy can provide you with a satisfying level of precision in its performance.