You are probably one of those professional handymen or the DIY enthusiast who loves to watch ‘Home Improvement’ and can’t stop admiring Tim’s power tools. After all, tools are a lovely possession and therefore, storing them nicely is a must. Buying a tool bag is a wise investment.
Your tool bag holds everything you might need for the most common jobs and protects them from rust and dust. Besides, it also helps in preventing the loss of the tools. The best tool bags lets you bring your most used tools direct to work, all in one convenient package. The tool bags are affordable and will provide you with years of useful service. This review will present some of the best tools bags on the market that you can choose from.
- Features to Consider in Good Tool Bags
- The 30 Best Tool Bags 2020
- 1. Stanley 12-Inch Soft Sided Tool Bag
- 2. Klein Tool Rolling Tool Bag
- 3. DEWALT Lighted Tool Backpack Bag
- 4. Klein Tools Electrician Tool Bag
- 5. Custom LeatherCraft Multi-Compartment Tool Bag
- 6. Bucket Boss the Bucketeer
- 7. DEWALT 16-Inch Tradesman’s Tool Bag
- 8. Veto Pro Pac Technician Bag
- 9. Custom LeatherCraft 2 Pack Tote Bag Set
- 10. Rothco Mechanics Tool Bag
- 11. WORKPRO 16-Inch Wide Mouth Tool Bag
- 12. Milwaukee Heavy Duty Canvas Bag
- 13. Bucket Boss Gatemouth Hard Tote Tool Bag
- 14. Craftsman Soft Tool Bag
- 15. Carhartt Legacy Tool Bag
- 16. Custom Leathercraft 15 Pocket 16 Inch Center Tray Tool Bag
- 17. Bosch CW01 13-Inch Contractor Tool Bag
- 18. Black and Decker Matrix Wide Mouth Storage Tool Bag
- 19. Bucket Boss Gatemouth Tool Bag
- 20. Custom Leathercraft Pocket Tool Backpack Bag
- 21. Custom Leathercraft 22 Pocket Large Bigmouth Tool Bag
- 22. DEWALT 18-Inch Pro Contractor’s Closed Top Tool Bag
- 23. Husky 12-Inch Tool Bag
- 24. McGuire Nicholas 2 Universal Tote 16-Inch Tool Bag
- 25. Milwaukee Heavy Duty Contractor’s Bag
- 26. Rothco Tanker Style Tool Bag
- 27. Veto Pro Pac Mc Tool Bag
- 28. WORKPRO 15-Inch Tool Storage Collapsable Bag
- 29. Dickies Work Gear 12-Inch Work Bag
- 30. Klein Tools Canvas Tool Bag
- Guide to Buying the Best Tool Bags
- The Vedict
Features to Consider in Good Tool Bags
There are a large number of tool bags that you can choose from as you can see from the list below. This might look very overwhelming but the buying guide below will help you narrow down your choices and help you select the right tool bag for you.
How to Spot a Good Tool Bag
The best tool bags should have the following features:
Tool bags are bound to go through a lot when you take them to the job site. Therefore, they need a rugged construction to survive. You can get away with a lighter construction if you are going to put smaller tools like screwdrivers and wrenches in the bag. However, if you need to pack comprehensive sized toolkits or larger tools, you should look for rugged materials with double or triple stitches, reinforced bases and handles.
The material used to make the bag should be water resistant to protect your tools inside. You should know whether the bag is going to get wet or not. Choose a weather resistant bag if you are going to work in all weathers.
Comfortable to Carry
Tool bags come with different designs for carrying them. There are tool bags with shoulder straps like backpacks whereas others have handles. Whichever design you prefer, it should be comfortable for you to carry around.
The size and number of tools you need to fit inside the tool bag will determine the size of bag you will choose. Do not buy a bag that’s too small to carry everything. Also, don’t buy one that is too big that cause you 5 tools to rattle around inside.
Types of Tool Bags
There are three distinct styles of design when it comes to tool bags. These are:
This bag looks like the standard bags and most tool bags will be of this design. These bags feature handles for carrying instead of straps like in backpacks. They offer the best middle ground between comfort and carrying capacity.
The backpack style bags feature straps that enable you to carry the bag on your back. They distribute the weight across your back making them quite comfortable to wear. These bags often can’t pack in quite as much as a standard design bag.
These bags look a little bit funny and will never be as comfortable as a backpack style bag. However, they are extremely simple and straightforward to use whilst having an excellent carrying capacity.
Why Do You Need a Tool Bag?
With tool bags, you no longer need to tote your tools around in a dirty brown bag from the grocery store. The following are reasons why you should get yourself a tool bag.
- The fact that you only have two hands means that there is a limit to the number of bags you can carry from one point to another. Instead, you can chuck these tools inside a tool bag meaning you can carry much, much more stuff.
- Tool chests have been the traditional storage for tools at home and work. However, you can’t carry them with you and it’s tedious to pack and unpack frequently. A good tool bag gives you a way to organize your most used tools whilst on the move.
- You could have the option of wrapping your tools in an old blanket and chuck them in the trunk of the car. Having such junk in the trunk would be a very daft idea since tools are quite expensive to buy and replace. It’s important that you look after them when you’re carrying them around. A good tool bag provides extra protection that you need.
The 30 Best Tool Bags 2020
Why we like it: This is a well-constructed bag with soft sides. This allows for a little expansion making it great for longer tools that will not fit into rigid boxes.
The Stanley Soft Sided Tool Bag features adjustable straps that allow for easy access to contents. It’s ideal for carrying hand tools and other small-medium items. It has a nice solid base that is made of rubber foam compliments. This protects it against sagging when you have a lot of tools inside and also provides a cushioned base to protect the tools when the bag is placed down on the floor. The carry handles are cotton-padded for a little extra comfort. There are enough pockets and pouches, both inside and mounted externally to provide ample storage for smaller tools, fastenings, nuts, and bolts.
- It’s ideal for carrying hand tools and other small-medium items.
- It features adjustable straps that allow for easy access to contents.
- The cotton-padded handles make it comfortable to carry.
- The cushioned base protects the tools when the bag is placed on the floor.
- It provides ample storage for smaller tools, nuts, and bolts because of the number of pockets it has.
- Some reviewers have complained of a reduction in the build quality of the bag.
Why we like it: The Klein Rolling Toolbag features big wheels along with an extendable handle that makes it very easy to move around despite the weight of the tools packed inside.
This tool bag is ideal for individuals looking for a strapless bag and do not wish to carry anything at all. It’s spacious enough so you can pack a lot in. This tool bag has 24 pockets dotted throughout the bag. However, the most impressive feature is the central compartment. It’s huge enough to store a range of tools. Besides, it has an orange interior that makes it easy to spot smaller bits and pieces stored in the bag. If you have a large load of tools that you need to move as easily as possible, this bag could be worth the investment.
- It’s spacious enough to store a range of tools.
- The orange interior makes it easy to pick out smaller tools.
- You can store large tools in the central compartment of this tool bag.
- It features a rolling wheel and an extendable handle so you do not have to carry it.
- It’s great for heavier tools.
- It has a molded kick plate to protect tools from the elements.
- It’s rather expensive.
- The zippers on the bag fall apart quite easily.
Why we like it: There is a sheer diversity in the storage space available in this bag. It has ample space to tuck away just about any tool in your collection.
The DEWALT Lighted tool bag has 48 internal plus 9 external pockets and pouches that makeup 57 individual storage areas. The construction of this bag is nice and rugged with padded handles or adjustable straps that provide you with two ways to transport the kit. The base has durable pad feet to prevent abrasion and prolong product lifespan. What’s more, DEWALT has included a built-in LED light that runs on an internally mounted AAA battery power pack. The light can help you in identifying tools and parts.
- This bag is spacious enough to hold a multitude of tools and accessories.
- It comes with a built-in LED light for identifying tools and parts.
- It’s comfortable to carry due to the padded handles and adjustable straps.
- It has durable pad feet to reduce wear and abrasion.
- It’s a tough and functional backpack.
- The zippers are very weak and don’t last.
Why we like it: This Electricians Tool bag has an abundance of little pockets that are great for tools and pieces of kit that are small and fiddly.
The Klein Electricians Tool Bag has no less than 39 small pockets that are great for storing small and fiddly bits and pieces. This makes it great not only for electricians but equally great for home carrying mechanics tools too. It’s a nice sturdy bag with a molded bottom to increase the carrying capacity, prevent sagging, and provide a nice solid base when you place the bag onto the floor. This bag also features a protective, molded pocket mounted to the front. It has been designed to protect safety glasses but could be used to store anything that’s quite delicate.
- It features a protective safety glass pocket.
- It’s extra tall for longer tools.
- It has an abundance of little pockets that are great for carrying small and fiddly tools.
- It’s a nice sturdy bag with a molded bottom.
- The molded bottom increases the carrying capacity and prevents sagging.
- The zippers on this tool bag are weak and do not last.
Why we like it: This Custom LeatherCraft Tool Bag has side panels that are zipper closed. When you open them up, you will find all the pockets inside mounted with vertical openings.
The Multi-Compartment bag has no less than 50 individual pockets and pockets ensuring that you should be able to find a home for every tool in even an extremely comprehensive tool collection. The side panels are a really neat feature that makes it easy to organize your tools, and also makes them within your reach. It has a nice big central storage space that can handle larger tools like hammers, spanners, and even power tools. The whole bag has a very tough and sturdy construction too. The design and construction to justify its high price.
- It features 50 pockets that ensure you can store a wide range of tools.
- The side panels make it easy to organize your tools.
- It has a large central compartment that can handle larger tools like hammers, spanners, and power tools.
- It features a vertical pocket design that makes your tools within reach.
- It has a very tough and sturdy design.
- It’s well made and durable.
- The bag splits at the zipper seam and the strap doesn’t work at all.
Why we like it: This tool bag has a very tough sleeve style design that slips easily over an empty 5-gallon bucket.
The Bucket Boss the Bucketeer provides a multitude of pockets, as well as the bucket itself that provides a wealth of storage. It has a very simple design that is also very tough and cheap. It’s one of the most affordable tool bags in the market but also extremely effective. The bag features 3 interior loops for hammers, drills, pry bars, and other long-handled tools. However, you have to supply the empty bucket for yourself.
- This tool bag features a bucket design that increases its storage capacity.
- It has many pockets that provide enough storage space.
- The 3 interior loops are good for storing hammers, drills, pry bars, and other long-handled tools.
- It’s very easy to use.
- It’s quite affordable.
- It features an extremely durable construction.
- Most of the pockets are small and can only fit small hand tools like screwdrivers, or a pair of pliers.
- It can be quite heavy with all the tools inside.
Why we like it: It has a huge central chamber that makes it suitable for storing long or oversize tools.
The DEWALT 16-Inch Tradesman’s Tool Bag is a very well-designed, and very tough tool bag that has been built for just about anyone. It features a very smart snap opening mounted to the top of the main compartment. This design feature helps the bag to open extra wide, really letting you make the most of the internal space. It has been made from Poly Fabric material as well as rubberized feet to prevent scuffing to the base. An adjustable strap and carry handles make it easy to lug around. The 33 pockets have been included to provide a wide range of storage options.
- It features a huge internal storage space for storing long or oversize tools.
- The bag has a heavy duty Poly-Fabric construction.
- It has 33 storage pockets that provide a wide range of storage options.
- It has rubberized feet to prevent scuffing to the base.
- It’s durable due to its construction.
- This is a great bag for drills and bits.
- It has faulty stitching on the straps.
Why we like it: This is a lovely tough bag with mainly Nylon construction augmented with high-quality stitching.
The Veto Pro Pac Technician Bag has its inside taken up with around 56 pockets and pouches split between 4 distinct areas of the bag. Therefore, it’s quite similar to the electrician tool bag reviewed above because it provides a lot of small but well-designed storage spaces to take smaller tools and bits and pieces. The bottom of the bag has a 3mm polypropylene base that prevents sagging. This stops the bad from tipping over beside providing a bit of extra cushioning to the tools being carried. The bag has a molded, ergonomic back padding to make it comfortable during wear.
- This tool bag is quite comfortable to carry because of the ergonomic back padding.
- The bag has a tough nylon construction augmented with high-quality stitching.
- It has vertical pockets for quick access to tools.
- It has quick release clasps for easy access to back storage bay.
- It provides ample storage for smaller tools and bits and pieces.
- This tool bag features a 3mm polypropylene base that prevents sagging.
- Some of the pockets are too small for common items.
Why we like it: This is a tough tool bag with reinforced bottoms to take the weight of packing a full tool selection.
The Custom LeatherCraft Tote Bag Set features a handle of a durable, weave style construction that will be capable of standing up to the rigors of hauling tools. The design of this bag is simple but very effective. It’s a two pack as well, with one large and one medium sized bag combining to provide a product that gives you good value for your money. It features durable construction with reinforced bottom panels. This Tote Bag set has been designed for electricians, plumbers, maintenance personnel, paint, and general contractors. You can stay organized by separating your small parts and hand tools with this bag set.
- This bag set allows you to stay organized by separating small parts and hand tools.
- It features long last strong web carrying handles.
- It comes with two bags that you can use to separate your tools.
- It has a durable construction with the reinforced bottom panels.
- It has a simple yet effective design.
- The bags are sleek and nice to carry.
- The bags are too small compared to how they look in the pictures.
Why we like it: This bag has been made of heavyweight cotton canvas, which makes it a very tough and hard wearing material.
The Rothco Mechanics Tool Bag is an old school, military-inspired mechanics bag. The bag has quite a number of practical features built into it. The central compartment is huge with plenty of space for individual, larger tools. There are 8 internal and 2 external pockets that provide additional storage options for smaller bits and pieces. The handles are nice and wide for a little extra comfort. It’s a very well designed, well built, and interesting looking tool bag that stands out from the rest of the tool bags. However, beware that canvas is not very water resistant, so do not go dumping this down in puddles or leave it out in the snow.
- It features a heavy-duty cotton canvas design making it durable.
- It has enough storage space for tools with a large internal space.
- It has a full-length zipper enclosure.
- There are additional storage options for smaller bits and pieces.
- It has easy to carry canvas straps for transportation.
- The bag has a very sturdy construction.
- Some reviewers have complained about the bag’s zippers that fail easily.
Why we like it: The WORKPRO features a wide mouth design that is wide enough to give access to the internal storage space.
This tool bag is suitable for large tools and boasts of very tough construction, complete with a rigid waterproof plastic base. It has padded carry handles and a shoulder sling to help you haul it around. Besides, it has a nice understated blue and black design and includes various mesh pockets and pouches for a little extra storage. The bag has been made from 600D polyester fabric that provides unmatched durability and reliability. The double fabric with fine stitching of the entire tool body makes the bag extremely tough and long-lasting. The bag boasts of 8 interiors pockets and 13 exterior pockets for versatile storage of wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, and accessories.
- This tool bag features a wide mouth design to give access to the internal storage space.
- It has a very tough construction that makes it durable.
- The bag has a rigid waterproof plastic base.
- The padded carry handles and a shoulder handles are comfortable for carrying around.
- The bag is extremely tough and long lasting because of the double fabric and fine stitching.
- It has enough storage space for a wide range of tools.
- Some reviewers have complained that the bag is far too small.
Why we like it: This bag has side handles that have been reinforced with metal fastenings making it very tough.
Milwaukee has a solid reputation for producing high-quality power tools and has now stepped into the accessories market with this bag. The bottom of the bag is reinforced with extra thick material to prevent sagging and keep out water and dust. Inside, the bag is huge with a massive central storage section designed to be filled to the brim with larger scale tools and multiple accessories. This makes it necessary to have the reinforcements on the handles and the base because this bag has been designed to carry a lot of stuff. Also, the zipper system is extra-long, letting you pack this bag tight and still be capable of closing it with the help of the robustly constructed metal zippers.
- The bag features a very tough construction with reinforced handles.
- It has 6 interior pockets to keep tools separated from each other.
- The bag has a reinforced bottom to prevent sagging and keep out water and dust.
- It has large central storage for large tools and multiple accessories.
- The bag features an extra-long zipper system suitable for packing this bag tight.
- Some reviewers have complained that the bag has an extremely poor fabrication.
Why we like it: This tool bag comes fully assembled and features a very simple design. It has everything open for easy access.
The Bucket Boss Gatemouth Tool Bag has a big central space that will provide an area for storing larger hand tools. There are 23 individual pockets and pouches to provide even more storage options. It has a metal carry handle for added durability, whereas the foam padding on the handle makes it comfortable on your hands. This is a very simple but very effective design that is still very affordable. The bag has been made from poly ripstop 600d poly materials and has three external mesh pockets.
- This tote tool bag comes fully assembled.
- It features a big central space for storing larger hand tools.
- It has a large storage option with the number of pockets and pouches.
- The rubber foam grip handle makes it comfortable to carry.
- It’s extremely durable and easy to use.
- It features an excellent mixed material construction that makes it sturdy.
- It has been found to be quite small for users with gardening tools.
Why we like it: The Craftsman Soft Tool Bag only has one open space that will be suitable for people who wish to throw all their tools into a single space.
This tool bag has 6 external pockets – 3 solid material, 3 mesh. The availability of many pockets helps in organizing your tools. However, this bag does not have a lot of pockets on the interior. Therefore, it’s suitable for people who operate in a state of organized chaos. It has a reinforced base and a wide opening design for easy access to your tools. This tool is quite affordable, which gives you good value for your money for a well-built design of a tool bag that may be extremely simple but is also extremely effective.
- This bag has a wide opening for easy access to tools.
- It features a very simple design with one open space.
- It has a reinforced base.
- There are 6 external pockets to aid in organizing tools.
- It’s very affordable.
- It’s a well-built tool bag.
- This soft tool bag is great for large tools.
- The pockets on the outside are not suitable for holding small bits and pieces.
Why we like it: This tool bag has very well-placed external pockets. These pockets are 17 in number providing enough storage space for your tools.
The Carhartt Legacy tool bag has a very tough construction. It has been made of a very strong synthetic material that is both tough and water repellant. The bag has been built with a triple stitch style construction too, and also boasts of an internal metal frame and an abrasion resistant reinforced bottom. This makes it extremely durable and will offer you years of useful service. In addition to the 17 external pockets, it has a10 interior pockets and a large zippered main compartment for storing larger tools.
- It has a very tough construction having been made of a very strong synthetic material.
- The bag is water repellant.
- The bag is durable due to the internal metal frame an abrasion resistant reinforced bottom.
- It has enough storage space for larger and smaller tools.
- This bag can be used to haul not only tools but other household items too.
- The pockets are too shallow for standard tools.
Why we like it: This 16-inch tool bag from Custom Leathercraft has an open design for easy access. This fifteen compartment tool caddy is ideal for jobs that require quick and easy access to multiple tools.
The Custom Leathercraft (CLC) bag features an extra padded carrying handles and adjustable shoulder straps that make it comfortable to carry. It has 16 pockets for storage – 8 pockets outside and 8 inside to organize a wide range of tools and accessories. There is a plastic parts tray for organizing small parts. This multi-compartment plastic tray stores into the middle compartment for easy access to the rest of the bag. It’s ideal for holding larger tools with the main pocket having web loops to accommodate such tools.
- It has a plastic tray compartment for organizing small parts.
- It features an open design for easy access to tools.
- This bag is comfortable to carry because of the padded shoulder straps.
- The bag has a zippered compartment on the back to prevent loss.
- It’s ideal for holding larger tools because of the large side pockets.
- The metal wire that holds the bag’s shape while open leaves sharp edges on each corner.
Why we like it: This 13-inch wide mouth tool bag is simple, sleek, and effective. It’s the perfect buy for those who have a few pieces of necessary equipment to carry and store.
The Bosch CW01 Contract Tool Bag features a durable construction built to withstand the demands of the job site. It has a 13-inch wide mouth and base that can hold tools that are shorter than that. The wide mouth also allows easy access to tools but what makes it great is the fact that it can hold Bosch tools. It provides a handy and secure way to pack along a couple of other tools.
- It features durable construction to withstand the demands of the job site.
- It’s simple, sleek, and effective.
- This is an ideal bag for Bosch tools.
- It can store tools that are less than 13-inches long.
- Tools can be easily accessed because of the wide mouth.
- Some reviewers have found that the bag is smaller than they thought.
Why we like it: This bag has two rigid dividers inside and a durable plastic base to protect all of your tools. It’s ideal for storing your Matrix system and accessories.
The Black and Decker is another great addition of tool bag with its zipper closure and wide mouth. It features an easy-store, wide-mouth opening with a durable hard plastic base. There are two rigid dividers on the inside to keep tools separated. This tool bag can be carried either by the top handle or with the adjustable shoulder strap. This tool bag comes with a storage bag, shoulder strap, and two rigid dividers. It’s the ideal tool bag for Matrix systems and accessories.
- It’s the ideal bag for storing Matrix systems and accessories.
- It features 2 rigid dividers for separating tools.
- It has a durable plastic base for protecting all your tools.
- The wide-mouth opening makes it easy to access all your tools in the bag.
- It features additional pockets on the inside for your attachments.
- Some reviewers have complained that the pockets inside cannot fit some of their tools.
Why we like it: There are sixteen compartments in the design of this bag to keep your tools and accessories organized as you work. It features side handles, allowing it to be pulled across surfaces if necessary.
This tool bag is reminiscent of the classic doctor’s kit, complete with the padded bottom and wide mouth opening. This tool bag from Bucket Boss has been constructed with a double wall 600 denier ripstop poly water-resistant fabric. It has been equipped with the traditional zippered Gatemouth opening, which maintains its shape while open and making it easy to locate content inside. It features durable webbing carry handles and webbing reinforced bottom.
- The fabric used to make this tool bag is durable and resists wear over time.
- The wide-mouth opening is held in place by sturdy metal rods to give structure and support the bag as you work.
- It features a thick webbing handle system equipped with inner padding for comfort.
- It has been designed to keep your tools and accessories organized as you work.
- Some users have found it to be quite small to their liking.
Why we like it: This tool bag has a startling 44 compartments and a dedicated pocket for your drill and battery.
This Custom Leathercraft (CLC) backpack takes toting your tools to a whole new level. This bag features two main zippered compartments, one for tools and parts, and the other for a cordless drill and battery. The adjustable compression pockets can accept bulky items. Besides, it features convenient exterior pockets and dual handles at the top. There are 41 pockets on the inside and 7 pockets on the outside to organize a wide variety of tools and accessories. It’s ideal for projects that take you off-road, the backpack has padded back support and straps, an exterior pocket and dual handles at the top.
- It has plenty of pockets for storing tools and accessories.
- This bag features adjustable compression pockets for accommodating items.
- It features two main zippered compartments for storing a cordless drill and battery.
- It’s comfortable to carry because of the padded back support and straps.
- It features poor quality zippers that fail easily.
Why we like it: This bag from CLC has a heavy duty stitching and bar tacking at all stress points.
The Custom Leathercraft Large Bigmouth Tool bag has an amazing 22 additional compartments and pockets for tools and accessories. It features a 600D polyester construction sewn together with heavy stitching for maximum durability. This tool bag has 12 multi-use pockets inside and 10 outside to organize tools and accessories. The bag opens wide for easy access to the tools inside. It’s comfortable to carry because of the padded web carrying handles and adjustable shoulder strap. The heavy-duty stitching and bar tacking at all stress points ensure that it will last you for long. The 16-inch bag makes toting sharp and pointed tools a snap.
- It’s durable because of the heavy-duty construction.
- It’s comfortable to carry because of the padded web carrying handles.
- The wide mouth makes it easy to access all tools inside.
- It makes it easy to organize tools and accessories with the number of pockets it has.
- It’s quite affordable and offers great quality.
- The bag is quite small for some users.
Why we like it: This tool bag by DEWALT features additional compartments that have flaps and drawstrings to help keep all your accessories organized, even if your bag takes a tumble.
The DEWALT 18-Inch Contractor’s Tool Bag was designed with professionals in mind. It’s a closed top bag with a pop up central compartment for easy access. It has 28 exterior pockets including 3 flap-covered pockets plus one drawstring pocket to keep small parts from spilling out. The bag has been made from heavy-duty poly and ballistic poly fabric construction that make it durable. It also includes base pads to protect the bottom from water and debris. The adjustable, non-slip padded shoulder straps make it comfortable to carry.
- It features a durable construction having been made from heavy-duty material.
- It's comfortable to carry because of the adjustable and padded shoulder straps.
- It has plenty of pockets for storing tools and accessories.
- The durable handles make the bags easy to carry whether open or closed.
- The bag opens wide for easy access.
- The zipper on this tool bag is not that great and may bust right off.
Why we like it: This tool bag from Husky’s a single open compartment and three external pockets. As with most Husky products, it’s designed to take a beating and hold on strong.
This Husky 12-inch tool bag is what you should expect from a company known for its sturdy design and no-frills approach. This tool bag has been made from 600 denier weatherproofed polyester fabric making it an excellent bag for storing tools anywhere. It features three external pockets to maximize storage efficiency. The bag has been reinforced with industrial quality bartec stitching ensuring that you do not have to worry about repairing torn pockets or loose, flappy material. There are two handles on this bag with cross stitching making it the ideal bag for the job site.
- It has an expansive interior storage area for keeping important tools safe and accessories within reach.
- The Husky features a durable construction having been made from heavy-duty material.
- This bag has a sturdy design making it suitable for the job site.
- It’s weatherproof ensuring that you can store your tools anywhere.
- The pouches on this bag are too narrow and too tall for most tools.
Why we like it: This tool bag has adjustable straps that can accommodate a two-foot level or blueprints. It’s lightweight and designed for durability making it the perfect tool bag for job sites.
This universal tote bag from McGuire Nicholas is ideal for individuals looking for a bag that gives the stability of a rigid frame and access of an open top. This tool bag features a rigid frame with a padded handle for comfort when carrying. It has multiple inner and outer pockets for organizing your tools. The top straps have been designed to secure 2-foot levels or blueprints. It features adjustable shoulder straps and has been constructed using durable polyester Toughwear material that makes this tote bag ideal for the job site.
- It’s a durable bag because of the heavy-duty polyester material.
- The rigid frame handle is padded to provide comfort.
- It’s easy to organize your tools with the multiple inner and outer pockets of this bag.
- It’s lightweight yet has a very strong design.
- The open, spacious design makes finding and grabbing tools easy.
- The pockets on the inner and outer sides are quite shallow.
Why we like it: This bag is water resistant and built with the same quality you’d expect from anything with the Milwaukee brand.
This tough little bag in classic Milwaukee red is a no-frills option for someone looking for a sturdy bag. It has been constructed with a tough, water resistant 600 denier material. The bag features a durable zipper closure and is ideal for storing tools and accessories. The bottom has been padded to protect your tools from dust and water. The open top makes it easy to access your tools and accessories.
- The bag has been made from a durable tough material.
- It’s made from water-resistant material
- It features a durable zipper closure.
- It has a padded bottom for protecting your tools from dust and water.
- It’s a lot smaller than it looks in the picture.
Why we like it: This cotton tool bag has a zipper closure and two internal compartments to help keep your tools organized.
The Rothco Tanker Style Tool Bag is the perfect bag for storing your barbecue tools or a seven-inch grinder. It’s sleek and features a no-frills design that makes it tough. It has been constructed using a rugged heavyweight cotton canvas material that makes it durable. The bag features heavy duty web carry handles and a large zipper main compartment with storm flap. The bag measures 9-inches by 9-inches by 6-inches. This classic military tool bag has a solid construction and can hold many tools.
- It features solid construction and can hold a lot of tools.
- It’s sleek and features a no-frills design that makes it tough.
- It’s the perfect bag for barbecue tools or 7-inch grinder.
- It has a large zipper main compartment for storing larger tools.
- This bag might be too small for some users.
Why we like it: The lightweight vertical pocket tool bag is waterproof with a molded polypropylene base and dedicated compartments for drills and meters.
The Veto Pro Mc Tool Bag is the perfect tool bag for diagnostic jobs. Its sleek, vertical design allows you to set up in tight spaces with easy access to all of your tools. It offers 20 interior and exterior pockets for handling tools, Meter, and a compact cordless drill/driver compartment. It allows technicians and contractor’s to set up multiple job specific bags that can also feed out of their LC. The Mc has a waterproof base with 3mm injection molded polypropylene. The waterproof body and tools pockets have been made using PVC impregnated denier fabric that makes it durable. This bag holds plenty of essential tools for different types of work and is convenient enough to carry everywhere.
- This tool bag offers enough storage space for carrying essential tools.
- It’s a lightweight bag with vertical pockets.
- The vertical design allows it to be set up in tight spaces.
- This bag allows easy access to all of your tools.
- It’s waterproof with a molded polypropylene base and dedicated compartments.
- It features a durable construction.
- The pockets are not well-sized for normal, everyday tools.
- Some users may find it to be quite small to their liking.
Why we like it: This bag comes with a plastic tray that fits comfortable inside to store accessories, sharps, or smaller hand tools.
WORKPRO has designed this 15-inch collapsible tool bag to be rugged enough for any hardworking man. It has been constructed from 100% polyester for long lasting durability and features an open-top design for easy access to contents. There is a reinforced handle protector for comfortable and maximum durability. The outer mesh pockets can be used for storing personal belongings, small tools, and accessories. The WORKPRO has 14 multi-use pockets inside, and 8 outside for organizing your tools. Besides, it comes with a multi-components storage case for hardware storage. The shoulder straps allow for the easier carrying of heavy loads.
- It features a multi-components storage case for hardware storage.
- It has been made using heavy-duty fabric for long lasting durability.
- The bag has an open-top design for easy access to contents.
- It has a reinforced handle protector for comfortability and maximum durability.
- It has outer mesh pockets for storing personal belongings, small tools, and accessories.
- The multi-use pockets make it easy to organize your tools.
- The storage case is deep and black making it difficult to see the tools inside.
Why we like it: This 12-inch tool bag is big enough to fit your essentials without crowding your game.
The Dickies Work Gear Work Bag has the durability that Dickies is known for ensuring that it will give your full service. This tool bag has been constructed using a durable rip-resistant canvas. It has a wide-mouthed main storage compartment for easy access to stored tools. There is an exterior slip pocket for frequently needed small tools and items. The Dickies work bag has a webbing reinforced heavy-duty zipper closure. The stitching and leather-reinforced webbing handles provide comfort when hauling heavier loads.
- The bag has a wide-mouthed main storage compartment for easy access to stored tools and items.
- It features a durable rip-resistant canvas.
- You can store small tools and items on the exterior slip pocket.
- It’s comfortable to carry because of the webbing handles.
- The bag might be smaller for most users.
Why we like it: This is a little tote bag that is perfect for holding all your nuts and bolts, a necessity for anyone in that line of work. It will not be easy to lose any of those small nuts again.
The Klein Tools Canvas Tool Bag has been built from sturdy canvas with a double layer of canvas on the bottom. The bag has been riveted and stitched for added strength and durability. This is a bolt bag with a bull-pin loop on each side.
- This is a sturdy canvas bag.
- It’s durable having been riveted and stitched.
- It’s ideal for holding nuts and bolts without losing them easily.
- It’s quite expensive.
Guide to Buying the Best Tool Bags
The above 30 tool bags featured in this review are some of the best bags that will give you value for your money. However, they don’t instantly guarantee your full satisfaction as you have to see what makes the best tool bag. The following are some of the things you should always consider before buying a tool bag.
Since there are different types of tool bags manufactured by different tool companies, the material utilized in the production of these are also distinct. However, it’s a fact that strong tool bags are constructed of canvas, nylon, and poly fabric materials.
You should ensure that the bag you have is made of quality and durable material so that it can withstand the weight of the tools you’ll be carrying. The stronger the material used, the longer the bag will last for your benefit.
Just like the material used to make the tool bag, zippers should also be heavy duty. Once the zipper breaks, it will be impossible to make use of the bag anymore as you won’t be able to close, and the tool might get lost when you bring it with you. The ideal zippers are heavy duty and double-pull.
Pockets and Compartments
Tool bags have been designed to accommodate tools that come in different shapes and sizes. The best tool bag will have many pockets, interior or exterior, and compartments.
Make sure that the outer pockets are placed where you can easily reach while you’re on the go. These pockets should also be zippered or be deep enough so you don’t lose tools, particularly small ones like screws. When a tool bag comes with a number of pockets, this automatically means that you can put more tools in it.
It is easy to avoid the wear and tear when a tool bag comes with padding or feet on the bottom. Make sure that the pad or feet placed on the bottom of the bag are thick enough to protect the tools from dirt, water and other surfaces.
Wheeled or not?
A normal tool bag will be okay if you are carrying an average number and size of tools. However, if you’re carrying big tools, it’s ideal that you use a tool bag that has wheels on the bottom. Having to carry big tools may strain your shoulders or arms so using such bag is a convenient way to travel with heavy tools.
Maximum Tool Number and Weight Capacity
It’s important that you consider the number of tools you will carry with you in the workplace. The tool bag you choose should have a number of pockets and compartments and be spacious enough for your tools.
It should have a wide range of weight capacity so that it can accommodate and withstand the weight of your tools. The weight capacity of a tool bag is usually given, so ensure you check this before buying one.
You should settle for a bag that is ergonomically designed considering that your job is tough enough, with an additional stress of carrying tools with you. The strain on your shoulder can be very harmful. The shoulder sprain from the weight of the tools can be avoided if the bag will be easy to carry and handle, with the pockets conveniently placed so that the ease of accessing your tools provided.
Durability is one of the most important points to look out for before buying. You should always keep in mind that the key to making something last long is checking its quality.
Bags made of high-quality materials are more likely to have a high level of durability as well. The best tool bag is made of high-quality and durable materials. The zippers and straps should also be heavy duty.
The review above has provided the top 30 best tool bags in the market right now. The bags reviewed will serve as your basis for what an ideal tool bag is. You should consider what brand the bag is and its features as well. The bags above have different features and each will suit individuals differently depending on their use for the bag.
Therefore, the best tool bag should be affordable, have a very tough and long-lasting construction, and provide you with enough space to store your tools and accessories. Besides, the bag should be convenient to carry around without weighing you down. With the review of the products above, you can easily select a tool bag that will suit your needs.