LED strip lights give you the option of a much-customized lighting solution anywhere, whether it’s at home, office, or in your car. They have become the most popular option for home and office lighting. What makes them more popular is the fact that they are more efficient, brighter, and more flexible in their uses. This is in comparison to traditional incandescent, halogen, or fluorescent lights.
The best LED light strips allow you to light up small areas such as behind furniture, wall hangings, and under cabinets. They are inexpensive, compact, and easy to install and come in every color in the rainbow. There are programmable options that let you change the color remotely. They not only look great, but they are also very practical and can be used in vehicles as well.
- Features to Consider in Good LED Light Strips
- The 30 Best LED Light Strips 2020
- 1. Topmax 5050 RGB Led Strips Lighting Kit
- 2. Lighting EVER LE LED Light Strip Kit
- 3. Lighting EVER LE Flexible Strip Light
- 4. HitLights UL-Listed LED Light Strip Accent Kit
- 5. WenTop Led Strip Lights
- 6. Tingkam RGB Flexible Strip Light
- 7. Cefrank Set of 4 LED Light Strip Bar
- 8. eTopxizu PCB TV Backlight Kit
- 9. OxyLED Motion Sensor Closet Lights
- 10. WenTop LED Strip Light Kit
- 11. OPT7 Aura Colour Smart LED Light Strip Kit
- 12. LED Glow Multi-Colour LED Light Strip
- 13. Surlight Car LED Light Strip
- 14. LEDJump Bright Daylight LED Light Strip
- 15. SuperNight Flexible LED LightStrip
- 16. Philips Hue White & Color Ambiance Outdoor Lightstrip
- 17. Elfeland LED SMD5050 RGB Strip Lights
- 18. Nexlux Phone Controlled LED Strip Light Kit
- 19. DotStone Music LED Strip Lights
- 20. PANGTON VILLA LED TV Backlight Kit
- 21. LEDJump High Power Flexible LED Ribbon
- 22. Philips Hue White and Color Ambiance LightStrip
- 23. TOPMAX Bluetooth Smartphone Controlled Strip Light Kit
- 24. Rxment RGB LED Strip Lights with Remote
- 25. WenTop SMD5050 LED Light Strip Kit
- 26. AMIR TV LED Light Belt, Multi Color Changing
- 27. MINGER Unifilar Car LED Strip Light
- 28. DAYBETTER Flexible LED Strip Lights
- 29. Ustellar Dimmable LED Light Strip
- 30. Flykul LED Strip Lights
- Guide to Buying the Best LED Light Strips
- The Verdict
Features to Consider in Good LED Light Strips
How LED Light Strips Work
LED light strips have an infinite range of potential applications. They range from basic illumination to decorative features to health and safety improvements. They have a slender and flexible board to which the LEDs are mounted on the surface. It more often than not has an adhesive coating or layer of tape that is easily installed by mounting the tape on the back of the strip. Finally, passing an electric current through the long and thin circuit board enables the LEDs to illuminate accordingly. They are relatively cheap, the RGB strips can make any color, and they are small and easy to hide. They are easy to install in cars or boats since they run off 12-volts.
You may ask yourself how long do LED lights last, well as is the case, LED lighting features and fixtures in general, high-quality LED strips light have the potential to last as long as 50,000 hours. This is a guarantee to the user because of the initial purchase of the premium LED strip lighting being high. In most cases, LED represents the kind of lighting technology that continues functioning flawlessly for many years often decades on end.
How do I Connect LED Strip Lights?
The LED strip lights typically need to be connected to a 12v or 24v power supply. This, in turn, means installing a constant voltage LED driver to step mains AC voltage down to 12/24V DC. The best part about this is that this doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive nor will you need to install any complex feature to house, support or power your LED lights.
Construction and Design
LED light strip lighting is made up of a slender and flexible circuit board to which the LEDs are mounted on the surface. It has an adhesive coating or a layer of tape that’s placed on the back of the strip for easy installation. Passing an electric current through this long and thin circuit board makes the LED to illuminate accordingly.
Do LED Strip Lights get Hot?
Whether they get hot or not depends on the quality of the LED strips in question. Whenever you buy LED lighting technology on the market, it means you are investing in the kind of LEDs that remain cool to touch at all times. This makes them the safest and most energy efficient LEDs money can buy. With prolonged use of substandard LED lights, they stand a chance to become hotter. It is therefore essential to consider the quality of LED lights you choose very carefully.
Do LED Strip Lights Require a Driver?
They require a driver unless you have a fully compatible power supply up and running in your home.
The 30 Best LED Light Strips 2020
The Topmax 5050 LED Light Strips lighting kit comes with 16.4 feet of LED light strip, a 44 key color remote, and a 12-volt 3A charger with a built-in IC and fuse. This set of LEDs can change in between every color in the rainbow, including white and warm white. They have been equipped with IC having intelligent protection to adjust the voltage and current. The fuse is highly-resistant to short circuits making it safe to use. It also comes when already installed. All you need to do is insert the plug and you are ready to go.
- It’s a relatively long light strip.
- It has 44 colors to choose from.
- It can be controlled remotely.
- It’s easy to install since you only need to insert the plug.
- This LED light strip is safe to use since it has been equipped with IC and fuse.
- The power supply can only handle 5m at a time per unit.
- Some customers have had issues with the hanging hardware.
This Light Strip Kit from Lighting Ever features 300 LEDs on a 16.4-foot strip that produces bright light. It has been made from high-quality material that is safe to the environment. The material has low carbon, no radiation, and is non-toxic to human beings. The strip has an excellent heat dissipation feature since it has adopted the use of FPC circuit boards and LEDs. This makes it more durable. It features a double sided tape on the back that can be easily secured in the mounting surface. It’s safe to touch since the working voltage of 12-volts produces extremely low heat.
- It’s safe to use and touch due to the low voltage.
- This strip is easy to install because of the strong tape on the back side.
- It has been made from environmentally friendly materials that are also safe for humans.
- There is no need to keep track of the color changing remote.
- It’s very bright.
- The tape may lose stickiness over time.
The Lighting EVER Flexible Strip Light features a 16.4 feet tape for lighting your home, kitchen, party, and under your cabinet. It comes in two colors, which are either blue or white. The working voltage is 12-volts, which produces extremely low heat making it safe to use. The strip can be cut to size and link by Lighting EVER connector without damaging the rest strip. It’s a slim, compact, and flexible strip that can be mounted on end-to-end for bendable or angled patterns. You should pay special attention when installing to prevent tearing.
- It’s quite affordable.
- It’s easy to install because of the self-adhesive back.
- It’s safe to use since it produces less heat with its low working voltage of 12V.
- The strip can be cut to size without damaging the rest strip.
- The strip can be mounted on end-to-end using any pattern you want.
- There is no power supply included with this product.
- It’s not as bright as more expensive options.
The HitLights LED Light Strip Accent Kit comes with four strips, connectors, controller, a 3M backing tape, and a power supply. It’s a versatile LED strip that can be installed anywhere including kitchen cabinets, bedrooms, recessed coves or crown moldings. It’s easy to set up since you do not need to cut or solder. What you only need to do is connect the strips, connectors, and controller. There are endless possibilities for the usage of this LED strip. You can use this color-changing kit on your PC, TV, or media center.
- It’s a versatile strip that can be installed anywhere you want.
- They are nearly invisible until you turn the lights on.
- This strip is easy to set up since you do not need to cut or solder it.
- It’s perfect for small accent areas that need accent lighting.
- It’s relatively expensive and does not have as many color options on its remote.
- You must connect the strips if you want to have one long strip.
It features 300 LEDs on a 16-feet tape that produces bright light. This strip is quite flexible for lighting up your kitchen, closet mirror, and ceiling. It has an adhesive tape for safe and easy application making it easy to set up. It has a working voltage of 12-volts that produces extremely low heat. Thus, it’s touchable and safe for children. You can cut every 3 LEDs along the cutting marks without damaging the rest of the strips. The WenTop LED Light Strip is waterproof making it ideal for both indoor and outdoor usage. However, you should not put it under water.
- You can choose between warm or cool white lights.
- It comes with a full-sized 16.4 meter light strip.
- It’s weatherproof making it suitable for both indoor and outdoor usage.
- It’s easy to set-up due to the adhesive tape on the back.
- Its low voltage makes it safe for touching.
- It does not come with other accessories such as a power supply.
- It cannot be controlled remotely and comes in only one color.
The Tingkam RGB Flexible Strip Light is easy to install since it comes with all the essential parts for installation. It does not require other accessories for you to set-up. It’s a high-quality LED light strip that is not only reliable and flexible, but also very affordable. The strip is black making it invisible until you put the lights on. The adhesive tape on the back of this strip has strong adhesive properties that make it overcome the common problem of falling off that most LED lighting strips have. It features a double layer copper contacts, an on/off switch on the power cord, and circuit-breaker protection included in the design.
- It’s a high-quality LED strip that is also affordable.
- This strip has durable construction with double layer copper contacts.
- The black LED strip blends in better than white strips when turned off.
- It’s easy to install this strip since it comes with all the essential installation parts.
- It’s a reliable and flexible LED light strip.
- This strip is quite delicate to twisting when installing.
- Some reviewers have found that the tape is less sticky than other brands.
The Cefrank LED light strip bar has been designed to go underneath a counter and so are designed in a more durable and inflexible bar design. This makes them the best LED strip lights for use behind furniture, under desks, under bars, or behind television sets as well. This kit comes with four cool white strip lights, with 50,000-hour life spans as well as a power supply. Each bar has adhesive tape on the back, so there is no need to purchase hanging hardware separately. It features advanced technology for safer, ultra-bright, and amazing performance.
- It features a durable construction.
- This set comes with four cool white strip lights.
- It can fit under all types of furniture and cabinets.
- It features advanced technology that provides 50,000-hour life spans on the LED light strips.
- It’s ultra-bright and safer to use.
- It’s quite easy to set-up because of the adhesive tape on the back.
- The tape may lose its stickiness with time.
- It has an inflexible bar design.
- Only cool white is available.
This kit comes with a USB cable and 3.28-feet long tape that is perfect for lighting behind a TV, computer monitor, or a single piece of furniture. The black LED strip blends into the surroundings when it has not been turned on. It features 20 colors representing the rainbow plus the color white from which you can choose from. It can be used with any devices with 5V USB including your phone charger or adaptor. This light strip is suitable for DIY household lights such as hallways, stairs, and windows.
- It’s quite an affordable backlight LED strip.
- It’s suitable for smaller projects requiring shorter LED lights.
- The black LED strip can blend in the surroundings when it has not been turned on.
- It’s compatible with devices having 5V USB including a phone charger or adaptor.
- It’s very flexible.
- It only comes with 20 colors in comparison to competitors’ 44 color selection.
- It cannot be controlled remotely.
The OxyLED Motion Sensor Closet Lights are a unique LED bar light that is the best option for cabinets, closets, or anywhere else that needs light from time to time. It features 20 super bright LEDs and two working modes. It can either be motion activated or be on all the time. This light bar allows you to have automatic lighting wherever you need it with a motion sensor included in the design. It’s powered by a rechargeable battery using a micro USB port. It’s super easy to set-up because it features an adhesive magnetic strip or comes with screws.
- It comes with a rechargeable battery.
- It’s a motion sensor powered meaning it can be turned off when not in use.
- It comes with two working modes: Motion activated or be on all the time.
- It produces very bright lights for places such as closets.
- It features a lightweight and portable design having been made with high-quality aluminum alloy case.
- It’s more durable and stylish compared to cheaper plastic closet lights.
- It’s not very large and flexible strip.
The WenTop LED Strip light kit’s suitable for individuals having an extra-large project that needs more than one full roll of strip lights. This kit comes with two rolls for a total of 32.8 feet of LED lighting and is best for lighting desks and other custom uses. Also included in this kit are a remote control, AC adaptor, connectors, and adhesive tape on the back of the lights. The kit also comes with a one year warranty and 30-day money back guarantee.
- It’s quite affordable
- It features a very original and stylish design.
- It comes with two rolls making it suitable for projects that require long strips of LED lights.
- It can be controlled remotely.
- This strip can be cut and linked for a custom lighting solution.
- There are not so many styles from which one can choose from.
- It’s not large enough for bigger plants.
The OPT7 Aura Smart LED Light Kit’s a high-quality product that is quite easy to install and operate. Setting up this LED light strip kit’s extremely simple you do not need to be a professional to do this. The working and operation are also quite easy since all you need to do is plug it in your car adapter and press the on button for it to start working. It has a pro-installation feature that offers vivid functionality and the fuse adapters are required to be plugged-in the fuse box for the lights to be directly synchronized with the car’s system. Furthermore, it has SoundSync technology that makes the lights dance as the beats in your music system play.
- It’s extremely simple to set-up this LED light in your car.
- It has SoundSync technology that makes the LED lights dance with the beats of your music.
- It has a pro-installation feature that offers vivid functionality.
- It has automatic lights whose brightness can be adjusted.
- It’s quite expensive.
- It’s small in size.
The LED Glow LED light strip comes with 24 ultra-bright, wide angled, SMD LEDs. It’s available in 4 individual strips of 9-inches each, creating a total of 54-inches and a total number of 72 LEDs. This means that it can create a lot of light in your car. The colors that come with this strip are reds, blues, purples, teals, whites, and yellows. It features different modes such as the sound activation mode that reacts to the beats and music in your car. Besides, there are 4 fading modes, 3 strobing modes, and an Auto Illumination bypass mode that works well as soon as the car door is opened. With this mode, you can illuminate the lights when the engine or headlights are turned on.
- This strip features multi-color lights for illuminating your car.
- It’s easy to install by yourself because it comes with a technical support manual.
- It features a very durable construction.
- It comes with various modes for making it fun to operate and have in your car.
- The total number of LEDs means that it produces a lot of bright light.
- The sound mode on this strip is not as efficient.
The Surlight Car LED light strip is available in 4 individual strips with 48 LEDs in total. It comes with a total of 8 available colors and a wireless music remote that will assist you in changing the colors of the strip and adjust the brightness as well. The sound-activation feature also means that you can change the colors with your own voice as well. It’s a flexible strip that can be set up using any style in the car. Because it’s ultra-thin, you can install it just about anywhere without it being evidently visible. The installation process is also quite simple.
- It features the latest technology in sound-activation that will allow you to change the colors using your own voice.
- It comes with 8 available colors.
- It’s easy to install this LED light strip anywhere in your car.
- It’s super thin and resistant to heat and water.
- This strip is flexible and ultra-thin.
- The remote is not quite good to use and will be a knock-out for many buyers.
The LEDJump is bright daylight LED light strip that is great for the color and brightness it creates. It’s a very easy product to install due to the adhesive tape it has on the back. The application of the tap is quite strong and it does not let the lights fall off. It features a simple plug-in that makes it easy to set-up. The tape is 118.11-inches, which may be a concern to many buyers. However, it’s easy to cut at every there strips without damaging the rest of the strips.
- This LED strip is quite easy to install and set-up.
- It features a strong adhesive tape on the back for a firm application.
- It’s safe for kids because of the low power consumption.
- The LEDs produce a very bright light.
- The strip can be cut into smaller strips without causing any damage.
- It’s quite long making it a concern for some buyers.
This LED strip comes with a very long tape measuring at 196.85-inches. The power consumption is however quite low at 12-volts. The variety of lights on this strip makes it amazing. The colors can be changed using the controller and the options available are white, red, green, blue, or yellow. This model will look good anywhere in the car or even inside or outside the house. It features a 44-key controller with various DIY features. Besides, there are dimming and brightness control functions that make it one of the best LED light strips.
- It’s waterproof meaning it can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- It features a 44-key controller with various DIY features.
- It’s safe for kids because of the low power consumption.
- The strip light can be dimmed and brightened using the controller.
- Its long length may be an issue with some buyers.
The Philips Hue Ambiance comes with a 16-foot outdoor light strip and will bring light to places you were not able to before. You can choose colors to create ambiance when having an outdoor BBQ while also using the mounting clips provided to install the strip to any surface, and unreachable spaces. It features a coating around the light strip that helps in creating a single, bright and vibrant colored light across the entire strip for more aesthetically pleasing home. It also has voice control that you can use to control your Philips Hue lights with your voice using Alexa, Apple Home Kit, or Google Assistant.
- It’s easy to install using the mounting clips provided.
- It features voice control that is compatible with Alexa, Apple Home Kit, or Google Assistant.
- This light strip is weatherproof making it suitable for outdoor use.
- It has a power switch that can be installed anywhere.
- The HUE lights provide a wide range of color options.
- The strip can work as a primary or background lighting.
- The adhesive backing is weaker than expected and the strip is not flexible during installation.
This light strip kit comes with 2 reels of RGB LED light strips each measuring 5 meters long and with 150 LEDs. It can be set to automatically change color and speed periodically through the use of the 44-key remote controller. You can also adjust the brightness of the light in the case of the monochromatic light. It not only has an RGB 16 multi-color options but also has DIY options that can create outstanding decorative effects and excellent LED lighting. You can cut every 3 LEDs along the cutting mark without causing any damage to the remaining LED strips. This makes it quite easy to install.
- This LED light strip is waterproof meaning it can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- It has a memory function, when you turn it on, it will be the same as last usage.
- It’s easy to install and cut without damaging the rest of the strips.
- It comes with a ton of color options and DIY modes.
- It has a strong adhesive tape on the back for quick set-up.
- The remote requires a direct line of sight to work.
The Nexlux Phone Controlled LED Strip Light Kit features a smart wireless controller that you can use with your APP to turn the light on before you get home or turn it off before you leave. You can also sync it with your favorite music and see how the lights will react to the rhythm. It has multifunctional lights that can be installed on furniture, in coves, under kitchen cabinets. It’s easy to install and comes with a Wi-Fi controller and a mini IR remote and a small 4 pin connector.
- You can control your lights through your phone app using the Alexa voice controls, or using the mini IR remote.
- It’s able to sync with timer, music, and TV.
- It includes pin connectors and a power adapter.
- It’s great for use under cabinets and accents in the bedroom, patio, or media room.
- The white lights may have a blue tinge to them.
- The durability of this strip light kit’s questionable.
This LED strip light comes with a 20 key IR remote controller, which can change the brightness and make the light flash different colors. It has a working voltage of 12-volts, which is low enough to touch the strips safely. The strip has been equipped with short circuit protection and memory function. You can cut the LED strip at every 3 LEDs without damaging the rest of the strip. The DotStone LED Striplights to come with strong adhesive tape on the back and can be fit on any dry and flat surface.
- It’s easy to install because of the strong adhesive tape on the back.
- It’s safe for kids since it has a low operating voltage.
- The brightness of the light strips can be adjusted using the remote controller.
- It has been equipped with short circuit protection and memory function.
- Some customers have complained that the adhesive tape on the back is not as strong and comes off after some time.
The PANGTON Villa LED TV Backlight Kit comes with a 78.7-inch 505 LED light strip for 40 to 60-inch TVs. It sets the perfect mood light and can help in improving image clarity, relieving eye fatigue, and bringing home theater-like enjoyment. It includes a 24-key remote control with 16 color changing options and 4 modes. It’s easy to install because of the strong double-sided adhesive tape.
- It’s easy to install because of the strong double-sided adhesive tape.
- It comes with 16 color changing options and 4 modes.
- It has a 24-key remote control.
- The strip helps in improving image clarity and setting the perfect mood light.
- The colors are not very bright.
The LEDJump High Power Flexible Ribbon has diodes that have a particularly high intensity. However, they are still energy efficient and can last a long time, even if you leave them on often. It features a self-adhesive back with an adhesive tape for secure and easy application. The light strip has a long lifespan of more than 50,000 hours. The LEDs can be cut to your requirements without damaging the rest of the strips.
- This strip has low power consumption.
- Its brightness is even throughout and runs at low temperature.
- It’s easy to install because of the self-adhesive tape on the back.
- It can be cut at every 3-LEDs without damaging the rest of the strips.
- The mounting adhesive is not very strong.
The Philips Hue Lightstrip Plus has a lot of useful features such as smart lights that will not clog up your Wi-Fi network. You can control up to 50 Hue lights on one Hue Hub without adding a Wi-Fi extender. The 80-inch light strip can be placed under beds, bed frames using the adhesive tape. You can cut it to your desired size since it has cut marks included on the strip. The Hue is a smart lighting system that remembers your light routines and timers, even when your Wi-Fi goes down.
- You can synchronize it with music and movies.
- There are 3 feet of extensions available.
- It features a Smart Lighting that remembers your light routines and timers.
- It’s easy to set-up using the adhesive tape.
- It’s compatible with Alexa and Google Home.
- It does not come with the hub.
- It’s quite expensive and may be out of most consumers’ price ranges.
The TOPMAX Bluetooth Strip Light Kit comes in 16 million colors and DIY decorations with dimmable tones for selection. You can create and define your own colorful light show with this LED strip. It’s an easy strip to set-up because it comes when already installed and with a 3 meter adhesive backing for firm attachment. The high-quality construction means that the larger size will expedite the rate of heat dissipation to protect the LED beads well. Besides, the music and voice function will make the lights strobe to the rhythm of the music from your phone or voice from outside.
- It’s easy to install this LED light strip because of the adhesive tape on the back.
- It’s safer because it has a fuse that is highly resistant to short circuits.
- It’s a Smart App controlled and compatible with iOS and Android devices.
- The flexible ribbon can curve and bend.
- The strip features 16 different levels of brightness.
- Some reviewers have complained that the App does not work with this strip.
This LED Light strip does not require any hub for it to synchronize with music since it’s music sensor activated. It’s compatible with Alexa, WiFi smartphone wireless, and control dimmable. It features a programmable timer that can turn on/off the LED strips anytime, anywhere. The strip has a super sticky 3-meter double-sided adhesive tape for easy installation. It comes with 5 meters of LED light strips, 2A power supply, and IR remote controller.
- It’s easy to install using the double-sided adhesive tape.
- It features a programmable timer that can turn the LED strips on/off.
- The strip can be easily cut without damaging the rest of the strips.
- The brightness can be controlled.
- The connector between the WiFi dongle and the lights isn’t very secure.
- WiFi does stop working randomly.
The WenTop Safety comes with a power adaptor that has slots for three separate strips, which allows you to not only plug them all into a single outlet but control them with one remote as well. The 33-foot lighting strip has 300LEDs that produce enough brightness for lighting your kitchen, bedroom, sitting room, and TV backlighting. It also comes with a 44-key IR controller for controlling the lighting strip. For easy installation, the strip has an adhesive back that can withstand heat.
- The mounting adhesive withstands heat.
- It lets you mix your own colors.
- There is a WiFi controlled version available.
- The ribbon is flexible for curving around bends.
- It’s ultra-bright but runs at a low temperature.
- The adhesive tape is not as strong.
This LED light strip is waterproof and available for both indoors and outdoors usage. It’s multi-colored and features a multi-mode from which you can choose any of the 16 colors according to your mood or let all the color flash, strobe, fade or smooth. It’s easy to install using the 3-meter double-sided adhesive tape. There is a 24-key remote control with 2 brightness adjustment keys. You can protect your eyesight by adding a soft backlight to your TV or display.
- It has been made from a durable silicone material.
- It comes with a remote control that you can use to choose any of the 16 colors available.
- There are two brightness adjustment keys on the remote.
- This light strip can flash or fade between colors.
- The strip cannot connect to a second strip and does not have a strong adhesive strip.
The MINGER LED Light Strip is safe to use since it has a working voltage of 12-volts and can be powered by a car charger. It has been equipped with short circuit protection and memory function. This strip comes with RGB car LED strip with over 16 million colors and different tones for your selection. You can create your own unique color to perfectly upgrade your car. Besides, it’s easy to control using a more convenient and fashion controller. The strips come with a strong adhesive tape on the back and a line with four strip lights making it easy to install. It also comes with a cigarette lighter plug with a switch and indicator light.
- It’s waterproof meaning it can be used both indoors and outdoors.
- It has a durable construction.
- It’s affordable.
- This strip features many colors and different tones for your selection.
- The LED strip is easy to set-up because of the strong adhesive tape on the back.
- Some reviewers have found it to be quite small in size being 11.8 inches long.
The strip light features ultra-bright and high-quality LED chip that allows the LED strip lights to be very colorful and durable. The lights are energy friendly because of the 12-volt adapter that also makes them safe to touch. The strips can be easily cut and linked with other strip LED lights along the cutting marks. The remote can dim the lights and offers 44 different colors and modes. The lights are suitable for the kitchen, cabinets, cars, bedrooms, and parties.
- It’s easy to install because it features a strong blue adhesive tape that sticks well on walls.
- It features very colorful and durable lights.
- The strips can be easily cut and linked without damaging other strips.
- It comes with a remote that can dim the lights.
- There are 44 different colors and modes.
- The remote is quite confusing and doesn’t come with instructions for use.
The Ustellar LED light strip comes with a 16.4 feet strip light that includes 300 bright LED lights. The working voltage is 12-volts that makes it safe to touch because of the extremely low heat. It features a self-adhesive back with adhesive tape for safe and easy application. The strip has excellent heat dissipation making it much more durable and suitable for use in the living room, kitchen, or under cabinets.
- It’s durable because it has excellent heat dissipation.
- It’s safe because it has a low working voltage.
- It’s possible to control the brightness of the strip.
- It’s easy to install due to the self-adhesive tape.
- The adhesive tape is not as strong and comes off easily.
This flexible light strip is ideal for decorating walls, beds, Christmas trees, weddings, and anniversaries.
- It’s easy to install because of the strong adhesive tape on the back.
- The strip can be cut at every 3 LEDs without damaging the rest of the strips.
- It’s safe to touch because of the low working voltage.
- It’s a flexible light strip ideal for decorations.
- It’s bright enough.
- The strip is fairly delicate and can be easily damaged.
Guide to Buying the Best LED Light Strips
The LED light strips stated above are the best sold out in the market since they are of high quality and highly reliable. The user is free to select the best suited LED light basing on their various uses. Some of the factors to be considered before buying a LED light are stipulated below:
The Type of LED Strip
Depending on how you plan to use your LED strips, you may need one type over the other. Some of them include:
- DC LED Flex Strips are powered from 12V DC and are flexible strip lights, which have an adhesive backing for easy mounting and can be cut over 2-inches. They’re offered in waterproof options and come in 30 LEDs/m or 60 LEDs/m.
- AC LED Flex Strips are flexible strip lights that run straight from your outlet. All you need to do is plug in and they are ready to go.
- LED Rope Light is an encased, Omni-directional LEDs in the standard rope light packaging.
- High Output LED Strips are high power LEDs from Cree, Luxeon and Nichia mounted to rigid strips with on board drivers and circuitry.
The Length of The LED
To get a brighter output and higher light quality one needs to look for the strip lights with the highest number of LEDs per foot. LEDs that are spaced too far apart across the strips could produce spotty lighting instead of clean, constant line of light. Stick to a certain measurement and then convert all other measurements to see what strip has the most LEDs per set unit of measurement.
The Brightness of The LEDs
The brightness of LEDs is measured in lumens and depending on how you use the strips, you will probably want a certain level of lumens. For accent lighting, you will not want anything brighter than 200 lumens per foot, but for other applications where you want more light, it depends on your personal preferences on how bright you want them.
Ensure you note the lumens/length along with the LEDs/length as this will have a strong effect on light quality and the type of light the strip gives off.
LED Strip Colors
The LED strip lights come in a wide range of single colors as well as multi-color strips (RGB). The most basic strip lights are the single colors that only emit one fixed light color. They are offered in Warm white, Neutral white, Cool white, Red, Green, Blue, Yellow and Ultra Violet (UV).
The color changing strips RGB strips that make the LED lights display Red-Green-Blue combination color. The strips require a controller to change colors, flashes or stay on one selected solid color.
How To Install LED Strip Lights
For some strips like the DC LED Flex Strips, it is as easy as exposing the adhesive backing and sticking them onto a clean surface. For other installations it is more difficult to mount, cut and wire strips together. Some of the factors to keep in mind are:
- Know the total length of LED strips needed.
- Know how many breaks will be in the lights or how many separate strips you need.
- Know your strips power and voltage requirements.
- Flexibility of the LED strip lights.
- Durability of the LED strips: Need Waterproofing?
- Decide whether their components such as connectors or extra wire are needed.
- Decide how you will dim, control, or program the strips you set up.
The LED Strip Wattage
It is crucial for you to know the wattage of the system you want to set up. Finding total wattage not only helps you find an adequate power supply but also lets you know how much electricity you will be using with your new setup.
Once you know the total wattage, you are ready to find a power supply. Plug and play strips have a power built onto them with a switching transformer in line, so there is no need for an added power supply.
Knowing the input voltage of your LED strip is the first thing to do. Strips at LED supply can either be plug-in, 12V OR 240V DC powered. Secondly, ensure that the wattage of the power supply is at least 10% higher than the wattage your LED strips will consume.
The above LEDs light strips have been reviewed based on their quality, efficiency, and cost. The review has covered all recommendations for individuals looking for long strips that will cover their entire car or living room. Also, there are multiple strips that are much smaller in size for specific usage.
The best-LED strips are rich in quality and will provide you with great experience in your house or vehicle. Some of the best come with a mobile application or simply can use remote control. These strips not only look great but are also very practical and can be used anywhere you want.