A circular saw is one of the best, most handy and popular woodworking tool among amateurs, DIY enthusiasts, and professional craftsmen. It’s rated among the best tools that you need to procure if you want to involve yourself in some DIY projects in your garage and do some woodwork magic. The best circular saws can make simple crosscuts, large rip cuts and even bevel cuts that range from 0 degrees to 45 degrees.
These features make it one of the most multipurpose saws you could get since it can get you any cut done regardless of the application at hand. Moreover, it’s best preferred for overhead application because it’s lightweight as compared to other saws. It’s very crucial to pick a good circular saw that meets all your demands to add it in your toolbox.
- Features to Consider in Good Circular Saws
- The 30 Best Circular Saws 2020
- 1. Makita SP6000J1 6-1/2-Inch Plunge Circular Saw
- 2. SKILSAW SPT77WML-01 Lightweight Worm Drive Circular Saw
- 3. DEWALT DWE575SB 7-1/4-Inch Lightweight Circular Saw
- 4. Rockwell RK3440K Versacut Ultra-Compact Circular Saw
- 5. PORTER-CABLE PCE310 Heavy Duty Magnesium Show Circular Saw
- 6. DEWALT DCS575B FLEXVOLT Circular Saw
- 7. Makita 5007MG Magnesium 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 8. Genesis GCS545C Control Grip Compact Circular Saw
- 9. SKIL 5180-01 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 10. Milwaukee 6390-21 Tilt-Lok Circular Saw
- 11. Bosch CS10 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 12. SKILSAW SPT67WL Sidewinder Circular Saw
- 13. DEWALT DS391B Circular Saw
- 14. Milwaukee 2731-20 M18 Fuel 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 15. Black+Decker BDECS300C 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 16. Skil 5280-01 Circular Saw with Single Beam Laser Guide
- 17. WORX WORXSAW Compact Circular Saw
- 18. Bosch CS5 7-1/4-Inch Circular Saw
- 19. Makita 5477NB 7-1/4-Inch Hypoid Saw
- 20. Bosch CSW41 Circular Saw
- 21. Bosch Bare-Tool CCS180B 6-1/2-Inch Lithium-Ion Circular Saw
- 22. Rockwell RK3441K 4-1/2-Inch Compact Circular Saw
- 23. Makita SH02R1 Cordless Circular Saw
- 24. Makita XSR01PT Circular Saw
- 25. PORTER-CABLE PCE300 Heavy Duty Steel Shoe Circular Saw
- 26. Ryobi P506 Cordless Circular Saw with Laser Guide
- 27. Makita 5007F Circular Saw
- 28. Hitachi C18DGLP4 6-1/2-Inch Circular Saw
- 29. WEN 36055 Plunge Cut Circular Track Saw
- 30. Tacklife Circular Saw with Laser Guide
- The Verdict
Features to Consider in Good Circular Saws
How Do Circular Saws Work?
Circular saws make quick, straight cuts across a board or along the board’s length. It’s also used to make bevel cuts. It has a blade guard that covers the blade when not in use and retracts exposing the blade when in use. A foot plate ensures the circular saw is steady against the workplace.
The bevel adjustment lets the foot plate tilt in relation to the blade for making bevel cuts. It also has a depth adjustment to allow for workpieces of different thicknesses. With the appropriate blade, circular saws can cut wood, steel, masonry and ceramic tile. One of the most commonly used circular saws is the sidewinder or inline saws and the worm drive saws.
Reliability of the circular saw is one of the most crucial factors to consider when looking for the best design. Your main point of interest should be the type of material one intends to cut either wood, steel, masonry or ceramic tile.
It’s important for the user to pick a circular saw that best suits their application to get good results. One should also consider the saw’s design to distinguish if they are well suited for the left-handed or right-handed circular saws. You wouldn’t like to experience any inconveniences while using your circular saws, would you?
One needs to first verify that the weight of the circular saw best suits their hand capacity. Circular saws come in different weights ranging from 9.9lbs., 10 lbs. in most instances and 8.7 lbs. All one needs is to try the circular saw out to ensure they won’t feel fatigued faster during use.
Circular saws are made from various materials majorly steel and iron which is most convenient because it can penetrate through various materials during cutting. They favor both the left-handed and right-handed people since they come in different designs to suit the user and their needs.
Ease of Use
Circular saws are best suited for handymen who spend a lot of time on woodworking projects. First, you need to ensure that the horsepower of the motor driving the circular saw is appropriate for the specific job or to get an idea of how to get through with the project quickly.
After that pull the trigger to start the cutting process and to stop it, apply the brakes. Circular saws with electronic brakes are best suited since they are very fast to stop the cutting.
Construction and Design
Its blades are universally tungsten carbide tipped(TCT), but high-speed steel (HSS) blades are also available. The saw base is designed to adjust for depth of cut and can tilt up to 45 degrees and sometimes 50 degrees depending on the blade. This adjustment of the depth of cut helps to minimize kickback. Different diameter blades are matched to each saw and are available ranging from 14cm (95.5-inches) to 61cm (24-inches).
Circular saws can either be left-handed or right-handed depending on the side of the blade where the motor sits. A left-handed saw is easier to use if held in the right hand and contrariwise for the right-handed saw. This is because the user doesn’t need to lean across the saw to see the cutting line.
Some circular saws are cordless. These are used in areas where extension cords are difficult to use. These circular saws work best in well-confined spaces since they are smaller than most of the corded saws. They are best suited to cutting wood and wood products, masonry and steel.
The other source of power for circular saws are batteries, which unfortunately lack preferences. This is because the saws can cut through materials, but the extra power needed for those applications drain batteries quickly. It’s important to follow the device manufacturer’s recommendations for compatible extension cords since corded circular saws require suitable extension cords.
The 30 Best Circular Saws 2020
Why we like it: It provides the user with a portable table saw precision wherever you need it.
The Makita has a 12 amp motor with lightweight magnesium components that enable it to create a circular saw that puts more power per pound. It has a precision that provides splinter-free cuts even in normal hard to cut materials. This is made possible by way of the built-in depth stop that produces a 1/16-inch preliminary cut. This circular saw has an electronic speed control with a bevel capability of 1-48 degrees. It also has an outstanding cutting capacity of 2-3/16-inches at 90 degrees and 1-9/16-inches at 45 degrees.
- You can forget jagged edges on plywood cut with the SP6000J1.
- The powerful motor makes short work of even large pieces.
- It has an electronic speed control that helps to produce that nice and smooth finished product.
- The pieces that are narrower than the guide track can be a problem.
Why we like it: The SKILSAW SPT77WML is a circular saw geared to power through hard lumber effortlessly.
The saw made up of the shoe plate and blade covers are lightweight since it’s made from magnesium metal and its handles are rubberized. It weighs 11.6 lbs. even with the gearing and power. Farmers often use it for crosscuts and rip framing lumber without it bulging down due to less torque. The saw is equipped with a 7-1/4 inch blade that can bevel up to an angle of 53 degrees making positive stops at 0 degrees and 45 degrees. This ensures ease of making common bevel cuts. Unlike older SKILSAWS, the bevel calibration for this saw is very easy to read as it’s clearly marked. It has a good adjustment lever that ensures you get to adjust the saw blade according to the thickness of the material you are cutting.
- It’s slightly lightweight compared to other circular saws in its class.
- Ideal for various applications.
- It has a cut ready depth adjustment level.
- It has as an anti-snag.
- It has an unquestionable build quality.
- The power cord that comes along with the saw isn’t as long as the circular saw power cord should be.
- At 11.6 pounds it may still be a bit heavy for some users.
Why we like it: It’s one of the most compact and lightweight circular saws. It only weighs 8.8 lbs.
The DEWALT has the power to cut through dense, hard lumber with ease since it’s equipped with a 15 amp blade. The blade spins at 5100 rpm enabling it to cut through anything you get down for it. It has a dust blower that cleans off the dust from the work surface by blowing it away as you work ensuring that the cut line is visible throughout the cut. An electronic brake stops the blade from spinning 2 to 3 seconds after you let go of the saw trigger. Depending on the thickness of the lumber you are cutting, the lower guard will constantly move freely because of the anti-snag lower guard that is fitted with ball bearings. It has a bevel capacity of 57 degrees and bevel stops at 45 and 22.5 degrees for making common bevel and miter cuts. For straight 90 degree cuts, it has a capacity of cutting lumber as thick as 2.55 inches.
- It’s a lightweight and portable circular saw.
- It has a tough cord protection system with an electric brake and an integrated dust blower.
- It has enough power to cut through anything you get down for it.
- It’s versatile and sturdy.
- It’s designed with attention to key details.
- The line of sight aids is easy to keep track of.
- The electric brake couldn’t engage faster.
- Dust control may be an issue.
Why we like it: The Rockwell Ultra-compact saw has an ergonomic design with a slim grip handle that improves the comfort of use and enhances grip and control-guide with just one hand.
It has a powerful 4.0 amp, multi-functional, ultra-compact circular saw that enables it to cut a wide variety of materials such as tile, wood, sheet, metal, plastics as well as flooring. It helps the user to align the perfect cut with its 120-inches cord built-in laser. The pivoting metal guard accommodates safe and easy plunge cuts. In order to protect the user from dust, it has a dust extraction adapter that keeps the cut line free of dust for improved visibility. It’s lightweight, only weighing 4 pounds with a streamlined design making it easy for the user to control it by using a single hand.
- It possesses the power of a large, bulky and heavy circular saw in a compact, well-balanced, lightweight design.
- It’s powerful and accurate in tight areas not accessed by regular circular saws.
- It saves time and money.
- Able to cut through materials that are thicker than one inch.
- It has a streamlined silhouette.
- It makes knocking out smaller tasks faster and less labor intensive.
- It may get clogged easily thus may not cut up to the desired depth.
- The saw cut blade –line isn’t aligned with the guide notch.
- One often finds themselves applying more pressure than needed.
Why we like it: The Porter-Cable 15 Amp 7-1/4 inch Heavy duty circular saw has a magnesium shoe that enables it to run at 5500 RPM to power and speed through applications.
A 15 amp motor running at 5,500 RPM provides the power and speed to run through applications. It has a magnesium shoe, metal upper and lower guards that provide an added durability to the machine. A spindle lock and depth adjustment ensure the user can quickly adjust it while working. Weighing only the 9.0 lbs., the Aux handle provides comfort to the user and a clear line of sight. The ease of use is provided by a 55-degree max bevel adjust w/ detents at 22.5 degrees and 45 degree that ensures ease of use.
- It’s durable and highly powerful.
- It’s highly versatile.
- This circular saw offers comfort to the user while in use.
- It’s easy to adjust using the spindle lock.
- The lower guard is effective and unobtrusive.
- The product may contain chemicals that may cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm.
- It lacks an electric brake and a rip guide.
Why we like it: It’s cordless making it very convenient as compared to other corded circular saws.
It has the best in class cordless runtime that delivers 128 cross cuts (2-inch by 4-inch pine). A 2.55-inch depth of cut ensures it cuts deep into the material. After releasing the trigger, an electronic brake stops the blade from running making it easier for the user to use. The kit comes with two 60V MAX Lithium-lon 7-1/4 inch battery packs and a fast charger. Moreover, it’s maximized for run time and durability providing 5,800 RPM optimized high speed for quality cuts.
- It’s highly powerful.
- It’s highly versatile and sturdy.
- It has an electric brake.
- It has been designed with attention to key details.
- It has LED lights that are helpful in low light situations.
- It has a cordless design.
- The electric brake could engage faster.
- It doesn’t always produce the smoothest cut.
Why we like it: Whether it’s dimensional lumber, particle boards, OSB, engineered lumber or any item you are trying to work on, the Makita 5007MGA is the right circular saw to use.
It’s made with magnesium components that create a lightweight saw (10.6 lbs.) that is well balanced and jobsite tough. A 15.0 AMP motor delivers 5,800 RPM for increased proven performance and job site durability. The presence of the ultra-coated blades provides a reduced pitch build up in the circular saw. It moreover has an M shaped tooth with two cutting points that provide the speed of 24 teeth but with the finish of 48 teeth.
- It delivers powerful cutting.
- It includes a rip fence and case.
- It’s comfortable to use.
- It has an electric brake, LED lights and a tough magnesium body.
- It’s a sturdy circular saw.
- The case is small and fails to accommodate the long wire.
- The base is not square.
- Some issues are experienced with the blade guard.
Why we like it: It’s a portable circular saw that offers quality cuts wherever you are and whatever you want to cut.
The Genesis Control Grip Circular Saw has a 5.8 amp motor that handles even the biggest cuts and the hardest materials. It has a triple reduction gearbox, a built-in dust port and a 4 ½ inch carbide triple blade that you won’t have to have second thoughts while you approach the cut. It also displays excellent balance, with a handle that’s molded to your physiology and it produces precise cuts. It only weighs 6 pounds making you not have to dread while picking it up from the floor.
- It’s deceptively powerful.
- It produces high-quality cuts just about every time.
- It has a dust port and a vacuum that keeps it clean.
- It’s small enough to lose track of the job.
Why we like it: The SKL 5180-01 provides a single beam laser guide that ensures your line stays a snap even when the conditions are less favorable.
It’s one of the lightest full-size circular saws. It has an additional 14 amp motor and 5,300 RPMs that ensures the cut goes deep down the application. It has a 7 ¼ inch carbide tip blade that is better than most stock blades. It’s also quite easy to swap out the blades. The dust blower keeps the cutting area free from obstructions. The circular saw features a handy button that prevents accidental startup.
- It has a laser guide that is a great addition and keeps things true.
- Changing blades is incredibly fast and easy.
- It’s lightweight.
- It lacks a carrying case.
Why we like it: It cuts faster and weighs up to 40% less than other corded saws while at the same time it’s able to deliver up to three hundred cuts per charge.
It features a magnesium shoe as well as upper and lower guards to reduce the tool’s weight while not sacrificing its durability. It has a rafter hook for easy storage in-between cuts. It also has the LED light to increase accuracy in cases where there is low light. The REDLITHHIUM XC5.0 Battery Technology provides up to 300 cuts per charge with superior pack construction and electronics. To maintain an optimized performance and overload protection it uses, there is a total system communication between tool, battery, and charger.
- It starts smoothly, cuts evenly and handles virtually any material with ease.
- It’s lightweight.
- It provides comfort to the user.
- It can control a wide variety of applications.
- It cuts accurately.
- It has a sturdy, convenient carrying case.
- The tilting feature is long overdue for folks of non-average height.
- Some reviewers have complained of faulty workmanship at the factory and poor quality control.
- It lacks a laser guide or a front end light.
Why we like it: It can sustain and endure the hardest and nastiest material in the blink of an eye.
It has a built-in blower that keeps the cut line free of obstructions. It’s also endowed with a 7 ¼ inch carbide tipped blade and a 56-degree bevel capacity with detents at 22.5 degrees and 45 degrees. This tool is very aggressive and is unlikely to waver when it gets to encounter with very heavy material. It only weighs just slightly over 10 pounds combining that with a durable composite footplate, it lets you cut with precision over and over again. Every aspect of the tool is built to such exacting tolerance due to its 15 amps motor.
- It’s a great looking and beautifully engineered tool.
- The bevel adjustment is quick and easy.
- The high tech worm drive motor really devours material.
- The carry bag is nothing to write home about.
Why we like it: It offers the user with a well-built circular saw body that is lightweight and has the capacity to cut whatever material and in whichever ways.
It has a dual field motor that is 15 amps of worm drive enabled power giving the machine the speed to handle any material fast. The presence of a built-in dust blower enables the user to clearly view what they are cutting and how they are cutting it. It has the torque to beat the band and compensate for the fact that 5,300 rpm is not the fastest in the lot.
- It has outstanding overall value.
- It can to easily handle the hardest materials.
- It’s lightweight enabling you to work longer and harder.
- It lacks a laser sighting.
Why we like it: The Dewalt DCS391B is the best choice to go cordless, while also having the peace of mind that comes along with corded tools.
It’s a combination of high performance and ingenuity in terms of design quality and tool material. It’s made with magnesium, which is a great choice of a tough and lightweight metal recommended for any power tool. You can redefine precision with the DCS391B after replacing the fitted blade with the top quality 60 tooth finish blade. You get to repeatedly saw with the DEWALT’s 4Ah or 5Ah Flexvolt batteries without having to worry about batteries drainage and lack of cords. No wood can stand a chance against the 5250 rpm motor that ensures you don’t have to worry about power. It has good rubberized handles that ensure maximum comfort for the user as they use the tool. Since it’s a left-handed circular saw, right-handed users will need some time to get used to it.
- It’s a corded tool with 4Ah and 5Ah batteries.
- It’s portable.
- It's highly versatile.
- It comes with 1.3Ah batteries, which usually don’t last very long.
Why we like it: It can cut faster and weighs up to 40% less than corded saws without sacrificing the cut length and its performance.
It has a POWERSTRATE brushless motor and the ability to cut faster than other circular saws that are corded. It features a REDLINK PLUS intelligence because it only weighs 9 lbs. with a battery pack that is sold separately. This offers optimized performance and overload protection by using total system communication between tool, battery, and charger. This circular saw is specially designed with the LED light to increase accuracy on instances where there is low-light as well as a rafter hook for easy storage in between cuts. Moreover, it includes a magnesium shoe as well as upper and lower guards to reduce weight without sacrificing its durability.
- It performs better than some corded circular saws.
- It’s lightweight.
- It has LED light.
- It may have some internal defects.
Why we like it: It’s lightweight thus offering the user an easy task to move around with the circular saw as they work.
It features a 13 amp power to be able to complete a wider variety of cuts. It’s endowed with a laser guide for accurate cutting with easy to use bevel and depth adjustments. It has a spindle that provides easy blade changes. The circular saw offers a lightweight design that ensures the user doesn’t get tired easily as they try to complete their cutting work.
- The circular saw has a spindle lock for easy blade changes.
- It's inclusive of a circular saw blade as well as a wrench.
- It’sn’t versatile.
Why we like it: It's majorly designed to suit homeowners, hobbyist, and DIYers who are looking to get more done by themselves at home. It repairs, makes DIY stuff and even aids in building some really large projects at home.
At just 8.7 lbs., the Skil 5280-01 sidewinder circular saw is among the lightest circular saws. It enables you to use it for a long time without getting tired of holding it. It’s also equipped with a single beam laser line that projects a laser line just a couple of feet across the cut line to guide and help users to make quick and accurate cuts quickly. A powerful 15-amp motor spins the saw blade up to 5300 rpm thus powering through cuts easily. To improve the cutting power of the saw, you can switch the blade that comes with it with a better finish blade. It has a maximum bevel capacity of 51 degrees with a bevel stop at 45 degrees for ease of making common bevel cuts. Apart from that, it has a dust blower that keeps the cut line clear and dust free.
- It’s lightweight.
- It has a laser guide.
- It’s highly powerful.
- It’s quite affordable.
- This circular saw features an integrated dust blower.
- It has an attached wrench for easy blade changes.
- The steel shoe plate fails to be strong enough.
- It lacks an electric blade.
- It is very easy to use and overall handling is smooth.
Why we like it: It’s a fun little circular saw that requires the user to hold it in one hand as if you are gripping a gas pump. It has the ability to cut through 2 by 4s right at your fingertips.
The WORX WORXSAW is highly versatile and weighs half as much as circular saws in its class. It’s also capable of completing tight space jobs faster. It has a blade that measures 4-1/2-inch and is remarkably fast being able to penetrate through the wood. Furthermore, it can handle up to 45-degree bevel cuts. This saw can practically be portable despite it not coming in handy with a carrying case. It has the power to handle up to 45-degree bevel cuts. The WORXSAW offers an exceptional depth-of-cut for cutting up to 2-inches stock lumber
- It’s small enough to fit into tight spaces.
- It’s powerful enough to cut 2 by 4s.
- It’s super light.
- It’s designed to be used by one hand.
- It doesn’t come with a carrying and storage case.
- It can’t cut anything bigger than a 2 by 4.
Why we like it: The Bosch CS5 offers left-handed persons an opportunity to easily handle it while they complete various tasks using the circular saw.
The Bosch CS5 features an enhanced line of sight and durability. It’s endowed with a 15-amp motor that offers adequate power alongside an anti-snag lower guard. Together with the left-blade design, the 15-amp motor provides the clearest line of sight while cutting. The anti-snag lower guard also allows the user to make cuts without having to advance the guard, even while making bevel cuts.
- This is a left-handed saw that is also preferred for use by those who are right-handed.
- It has an improved sightline.
- The saw features an anti-snag lower guard for making bevel cuts.
- It has a powerful 15-amp motor.
- It lacks a dust chute meaning that it will blow dust into your face.
- Some users complain of motor failure.
- The baseplate is flimsy.
Why we like it: The Makita 5477NB has a hypoid gear that increases the contact surface between the gearing. In turn, it increases the power and torque of their circular saw.
It deals with dimensional and engineered lumber like plywood, OSB, LVL, and others. This makes it the right choice to build a deck, frame of a building, and building hardwood floors. It comes with a 24-teeth carbide-tipped framing blade that precisely cuts through any kind of wood, even nail-embedded wood. It has a bevel capacity of 51.5 degrees with positive stops at 45 and 51 degrees respectively ensuring you make cuts easily and precisely. It has high quality, heat-treated hypoid gears that are engineered for long-lasting performance. This saw has an oversized handle with an ergonomically designed rubberized grip that provides improved control and comfort to the user. The push button spindle lock and an onboard blade wrench are specifically designed for easy blade changes. To resist rust and wrapping for superior cuts, the base plate is chemically treated. It finally has a 5477NB that is engineered for framing walls, siding, roofs and floors using a wide range of dimensional lumber and engineered lumber.
- It comes along with a long cord that is suited for job site use.
- It’s highly powerful.
- It has no smooth cut at the start.
Why we like it: The Bosch CSW41 Circular Saw is built to rip woods apart with great ferocity, power, and precision.
It has a shoe plate constructed with magnesium metal that is not only tough but also lightweight and resistant to corrosion. The worm designed gearing ensures the saw always has enough torque to rip through any wood like a hot knife slices through butter. It’s equipped with a 15-amp motor that produces a no load speed of 5300rpm that enables it to cut heavy stock timber with ease. Despite it being heavy, it’s ideal for cutting lumber used for framing, roofing, siding and deck building. It makes bevel cuts that bevel through 53 degrees making the depth and bevel adjustments with the saw very easy. It also has rubberized handles that make it easy to use the saw for a long time.
- It’s highly powerful.
- This circular saw does not corrode easily.
- Its weight is a concern for many who are not used to worm drive circular saws.
Why we like it: It’s a cordless circular saw with a blade size of 6-1/2-inches, making it the most portable circular saw. Whether you are roofing, you can take it with you.
It has a bevel capacity of 50-degrees and can cut to a depth of 2-inches whenever one is making a 90-degree cut. An electronic brake ensures that the blade stops within seconds after releasing the trigger for safety reasons. The saw is strong and can withstand heavy duty use since it has a blade case and shoe plate that are built with heavy gauge aluminum metal. To hold the saw properly, you need to hold the main handle with your left hand and the auxiliary handle with your right hand. It’s an exceptional saw since it’s a left-hand circular saw. When one battery runs down, you can swap in an extra battery to make DIY projects at home that require a lot of run time as well as those that require less run time.
- It’s a good backup saw for cutting in hard to reach or tight spots.
- It can run with Bosch's 18-volt tools when you lack the batteries.
- It’s a portable circular saw due to being lightweight.
- It comes with a spare battery that you can swap when one runs down.
- The blade lower guard is made of plastic.
Why we like it: The Rockwell RK3441K 4-1/2-Inch Compact Circular Saw as the name suggests has a 5-amp electric motor that matches the performance of full-size saws at only 3,500 rpm.
It’s conventionally lighter than the 7-¼-inch circular saws since it’s only 5 lbs. making it 50% lighter. It has a left-handed design that provides remarkable cut-line visibility. This saw also has a slim inline grip design that provides great comfort, balance, and control making it easy to move around all cuts. The result is a quick and easy operation with increased maneuverability for making cut-offs, plunge cuts, and rips. The maximum cutting depth of 90 degrees is 1-11/16 inches and its bevel capacity at 45 degrees is 1-1/8-inch Arbor size 3/8 inches. It’s ideal for wood especially plywood, hardwood flooring, the normal 2-inch lumber, molding, pegboard and in dowels.
- It has a compact but powerful 5-amp electric motor.
- It’s lightweight.
- It offers a remarkably visible cut line.
- It has a slim inline grip design that offers comfort.
- It disadvantages those who are left-handed
Why we like it: It delivers power and speed for an ultra-compact size for a range of cutting applications.
The Makita-built motor delivers 1,500 RPM for an increased speed during cutting. The 3-3/8-inch blade delivers a cutting depth of 1-inch for a wider range of cutting applications. The user can adjust the cutting depth due to the presence of a 1-inch at 90-degrees and 5/8-inch for 45 degrees. Furthermore, it has a tilting base for bevel cuts that enables it to run from 0 degrees to 45 degrees of range. It’s highly versatile as it can cut through various materials such as plywood, MDF, pegboard, particleboard, melamine, and drywall as well. It comes along with two 12V max CXT Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries for an improved balance and ergonomics over pod-style batteries. To increase the convenience of the circular saw, it has an onboard LED charge level indicator.
- It delivers faster cuts that run deep down the material.
- It has a tilting base for bevel cuts.
- It cuts through various materials such as plywood, MDF, pegboard, particleboard, melamine, and drywall.
- The battery provided isn’t as strong enough to be able to run the circular saw.
- It lacks a brushless motor.
Why we like it: It offers the user freedom away from the cord as it can cut through demanding applications such as sheet and dimensional lumber that traditionally called for a corded saw.
It has an 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries that power it up ensuring it offers maximum performance while in use. The saw has electronically-controlled BL brushes motor that matches the torque and RPM to the application that is being cut. It has the blade-left rear-handle design that users of leading corded saws always use since it remains efficient while cutting even without the cord. The electronically-controlled brushless motor delivers a full 5,100 RPM for efficient cutting. In internal testing, it’s made up of up to 558 cross-cuts per charge in 2 by 4 SPF lumber using two fully-charged 5.0Ah batteries. It also has a die-cast magnesium base as well as a blade guard with die-cast aluminum blade cover and motor housing. These combine durability with less weight (only 12.4 lbs. with batteries).
- It’s lightweight.
- It's highly durable.
- It’s fast and highly versatile.
- Some users complain that after purchase the circular saw only worked three times.
Why we like it: It features a 15-amp motor that can run up to 5,500 RPM to provide power and speed through all types of applications.
It has a steel shoe, along with metal upper and lower guards that provide added durability to the circular saw. The spindle and lock adjustment enables the user to use it easily. It has a 45-degree max bevel adjustment that provides the user with an easy time while using it. Comfort is also offered by the Porter-Cable PCE300 15-amp heavy duty steel shoe circular saw with its aux handle. The aux handle that is 9.5 lbs. also provides a clear line of sight. This saw has a 45-degree maximum bevel adjustment to provide ease of use alongside with the lock and depth adjustment.
- The handle offers the comfort of use.
- It has added durability.
- It’s easily used.
- The blades on certain occasions fail to circulate.
Why we like it: It’s a powerful piece of machine that combines portability, accuracy, and power.
The Ryobi P506 has the ability to rip through woods at 4,600 revolutions per minute. It has a rubberized over-grip that enables the user to hold it in hand in all weather conditions. It has a blade that is located on the left side to improve control, along with an extra handle that allows you to guide it smoothly. The most helpful feature is the laser guide that projects a red beam in front of the tool that offers directions of where to go. This circular tool is highly adjustable letting you adjust the bevel from 0 to 50 degrees and the depth up to 1-9/16-inches. The Ryobi offers a huge collection of batteries.
- It has a rubberized grip that lets you hold it in all weather conditions.
- It has an extra handle that lets you guide the saw smoothly.
- It has a laser guide that ensures accuracy.
- It’s fully adjustable.
- It has a huge collection of batteries.
- This circular saw has been poorly lubricated.
Why we like it: It has a powerful 15.0-AMP motor and a high power-to-weight ratio, with ball bearing construction. The Makita also has a heavy gauge aluminum wrap around the base engineered for improved durability and straighter cuts.
The 5007F is large and easy to read markings on the depth and bevel scales making it easy to use. The stability of its blades experiences changes that are more convenient with a flat motor housing design for increased stability when changing blades. It also has a conveniently located shaft lock for easy blade replacement. It has two built-in LED lights and a built-in dust blower that are engineered to clear the line of cut. Moreover, it has the Makita heat vents that are strategically set to dissipate heat and increase the cutting performance.
- It has a large cutting capacity.
- It has large and easy to read markings on the depth and bevel scales.
- It has a convenient shaft lock for easy replacement.
- It has an inbuilt dust blower and two-LED lights.
- It features strategically placed heat vents to dissipate heat and increase cutting performance.
- It’s a little heavy when using.
Why we like it: This circular saw combines comfort and convenience alongside power and precision it’s covered with lithium.
The Hitachi C18DGLP4 weighs 6.2 lbs. making it lightweight for easy maneuverability. It also includes a 6-½-inch 18-tooth saw blade and a Hex Bar Wrench. Easy positioning is offered by the left side blade on the circular saw. The soft grip handle offers improved comfort and less fatigue. The 50-degree bevel angle can get adjusted for the saw to meet the application. It has an electric brake that stops the blades thus increasing safety and precision.
- It has the capability of generating a no-load speed.
- It has an innovative design and a soft grip handle.
- It has an electric brake.
- The Hitachi features a built-in LED spotlight.
- It’s lightweight.
- It lacks the much-required power.
Why we like it: It’s a great alternative for users who prefer lightweight table saws. All you need to do is to simply lay the 55-inches of included no-slip rubber-backed track along the smooth surface for a clean and clear cut.
The WEN 36055 has the ability to rip boards up to 2-5/32-inches thick while it still gives you clean splinter-free cuts. It can create 45-degree bevel cuts in boards up to 1-5/8-inches thick making it the perfect circular saw for ripping boards or for performing internal plunge cuts. It has a self-retracting riving knife that reduces pinching and kickback whenever the user is working on an application. It’s inclusive of two pieces of 27.5-inch track, one track connector, a 1-1/2-inch dust port, a depth adjustment stop, and a one-track saw stabilizer. The powerful 9-amp motor rotates the 6-1/4-inch blade up to 5500 times per minute enabling you to power through even the hardest of woods. Besides, this circular saw has the 12 by 6-5/8-inch base featuring slotted grooves for perfectly sliding across the included track.
- It gives your cuts a free splinter while it remains clean.
- The perfect choice for performing internal plunge cuts and ripping boards.
- It has a self-retracting riving knife.
- The circular saw has a dust port and an adjustment stop.
- It makes maximum precisions.
- It bevels up the application up to 45 degrees.
- It experiences some quality control issues with the track.
- The track failed to assemble straightly without a 1/8-inch gap.
Why we like it: It has 6 blades that have a long lasting life, a 24 TCT blade for wood and plastic cutting, 44-teeth HSS blade metal cutting and a 60-grit diamond blade for tile cutting.
The Tacklife Circular Saw has a laser guide with the scale ruler that ensures the cutting line is straight and more professional. Alongside the laser, the guide is the left-handed blade design that provides the user with remarkable cut-line visibility. It has a strong power of 705 W/5.8A design that ensures it effectively delivers a full-size performance at 4,500 rpm. This feature enables it to cut through tile, wood, metal, plastics, and flooring in a single pass with the metal guard design to prevent the hurt from spark during an operation. It’s equipped with diamond blades that ensure it has a longer cutting life and convenient changing of the blades. This saw has a dust extraction adapter that keeps the cut line free of dust for improved visibility. The motor postposition design separates the front and the rear gravity center of the united. Therefore, this makes the operation part suitable for hand size; slim, inline grip design that provides great comfort, balance, and control.
- This saw has a laser guide for accuracy.
- It has a left-hand blade design that gives remarkable cut-line visibility.
- It’s an efficient and powerful model design and metal guard PROTECTION.
- It has a motor postposition design and an in depth-cutting.
- It’s easier to operate the saw while the lower guard is not freely moving.
- It might be quite difficult to use for some users.
As seen above, circular saws come in different designs, types, sizes and are manufactured by different companies. When choosing the best circular saw you need to take care of the types of circular saws available. There are only two types of circular saws; the worm drive circular saw that has a worm gear transmission for power transfer from the motor to the saw blade. The sidewinder circular saws that have the motor placed side by side with the blade and power is transmitted to the blade with the aid of a spur gear.
Apart from that, one needs to consider the power of the saw, weight, blade visibility, the balance-ergonomic design, precision, depth, and the bevel adjustments, the shoe-baseplate, blade change and the most important is your own safety. It’s very vital for the user to get to know how to use the specific circular saw that they have hence ensured that you keenly follow the stipulated instructions on use. Moreover, you can also consult with a professional to ensure your safety while using the best circular saws in town.