Working can get a whole lot easier if you find the best work gloves to use. When we work, our hands play a huge role in performing different tasks. That’s why it’s only right to protect them by using work gloves. These products may seem simple, but there’s a lot you have to consider when purchasing a pair.
The truth is that there’s no precise formula one needs when choosing work gloves. It would mainly depend on the type of work you do and on your own preferences. In this article, we’ll go through some of the best products available on the market now. We’ll also go through a buying guide to help you out. Hopefully, all this information can guide you as you make your choice.
- Features to consider in Good Work Gloves
- Top 10 Best Work Gloves 2023
- 1. Custom Leathercraft CLC 125XL Handyman Flex Grip Work Gloves
- 2. Pine Tree Tools Bamboo Working Gloves
- 3. Epica Superior Quality Resistant Gloves
- 4. Mechanix Wear - Original Gloves
- 5. G & F 15196L Seamless Nylon Knit Nitrile Coated Work Gloves
- 6. Tac A2 Gloves
- 7. Ironclad Heavy Utility Work Gloves
- 8. Dewalt DPG20L All Purpose Work Glove
- 9. CLC Custom Leathercraft 160L Contractor XtraCoverage Flex Grip Work Gloves
- 10. American Made Buffalo Leather Vellux Lined Work Gloves
- Guide to Buying the Best Work Gloves
- The Verdict
Features to consider in Good Work Gloves
Comfort and fit
The best work gloves should have sturdy palms, strong seams, and fingertips and all of these should cover your hands completely. But they should be comfortable too so that you can keep using them for your work. You should be able to use the gloves whether you’re working in the kitchen, cutting glass, gardening, and more.
Aside from the comfort factor, the gloves should fit well too. They should follow the natural contour of your hands while also providing you with the grip you need for when you work with tools. Also, the gloves should allow you to move your hands freely and provide you with the dexterity you require.
One main purpose of work gloves is to protect your hands while working. Such gloves must prevent injuries such as splinters, burns, abrasions, puncture wounds, cuts, and more. The protection you need would depend on the type of work you’re planning to do. So you need to know this first before anything else.
For instance, if you constantly deal with oily parts made of metal such as metal stampings or sheet metal, then you can choose string-knit work gloves. If you do a lot of small-part assembly work or you handle glass frequently, then you should choose coated gloves.
You won’t find any article which will tell you the exact time when you should throw out your old work gloves and purchase a new pair. Gloves for working only last until the worker doesn’t think they’re suitable for working anymore. If you want a pair that will last for a long time, choose one which is of durable material.
Durable gloves perform better and will allow you to be more productive. These types of gloves are of high-quality material and won’t succumb to wear and tear only after some use. Also, durable work gloves can protect your hands better.
When you’re looking for work gloves, it’s important to think about the tasks you need them for. This way, you can choose the best pair of gloves to suit your needs. Some of the most common tasks which require work gloves include:
- Chemical-related work –If you work with a lot of chemicals, you should find work gloves which can protect your skin. Such chemicals include commercial solvents, fertilizers, acids, corrosives, and more. These can stain or even burn the skin, or they can have long-term adverse effects on the health.Such work requires gloves designed for it. They should be of a special material that’s chemical-resistant such as PVC rubber which is also tough. The material of the work gloves should protect your hands from coming into contact with any harsh chemicals. They should also protect your hands from any chemical-related injuries while still keeping your hands cool and comfortable.
- Gardening work –A lot of people want to work in the garden. It’s relaxing for some, fulfilling for others, while some need to do it to keep their gardens neat and tidy. Unfortunately, it’s very difficult, even dangerous to perform gardening work without gloves. Work gloves will keep the hands clean and protected from thistles, thorns, and more.So if you do a lot of gardening work, choose a pair of gloves which will protect your hands but which will also allow you to perform the tasks properly. You need a flexible pair of work gloves which are both durable and tough.
- Kitchen work –Just because the kitchen is a part of the home, that doesn’t mean that working in it doesn’t come with any hazards. When working in the kitchen, you’ll handle sharp tools like knives which can cause injuries if you work barehanded. You also have to deal with kitchen-based machinery which is why you need a good pair of gloves to support you.You can wear a pair of ordinary gloves while working in the kitchen. Or you can purchase a pair of work gloves which are specifically-designed for kitchen tasks. Some are even cut-resistant which can help prevent injuries from working in the kitchen.
- Electrical tasks –We all know that electricity poses a danger and if you work with electrical tasks, you need work gloves to keep you safe. It’s especially dangerous if you work with “live wiring.” With such tasks, you need work gloves to protect your hands and your health too.
- Woodworking or mechanical tasks –If you’re a DIYer, then work gloves are a must-have for you. If you perform tasks around the house such as making your own furniture, fixing your own car, and more, these projects and tasks come with hazards. Without work gloves, you run the risk of getting injuries which won’t allow you to perform any other jobs at home.
- Work which involves extreme temperatures –When you work in a place with extreme temperatures, you need a good pair of work gloves too. Otherwise, you might end up injuring your hands because of extreme heat and extreme cold. For instance, you may have to fix the snow blower in the freezing cold, or you might have to work with boiling oil or water.In both these situations and more, it’s safer for you to perform the tasks while wearing work gloves. These will keep your hands safe and allow you to work more effectively and more productively.
Top 10 Best Work Gloves 2023
These gloves aren’t just sturdy, they’re stylish too. These gloves provide the perfect blend of functionality, quality, and style. Since the gloves are form-fitted, this adds dexterity to them and reduces fatigue while you work. The gloves are of high-quality materials and are also made with time-tested construction making them ideal for different environments. The material on the palm of the gloves provides better resistance to abrasion to ensure longevity.
The gloves have fingertips which are highly-reinforced, and three of them have the touch screen feature. This makes it easy to use your devices even while wearing the gloves. The back of the gloves are of spandex, the knuckles have padding, and the thumbs have padding too. The thumbs also have panels with a stretch-fit feature while the fingertips have a special texture. With all these design features, you can use the gloves for different tasks whether indoors or outdoors.
If you’re looking for gloves which stretch inherently, then look no further. This feature comes from the spandex material, and it makes the gloves fit well with any hand size. The additional resistance and durability come from the reinforced fingertips and the padded knuckles. The palms of the gloves come with a syntrex microfiber layer which adds to the abrasion resistance and enhances the gripping ability. Finally, they also come with elastic cuffs so you can adjust the gloves as needed.
- Comes with a weather insulation feature to keep the hands warm even in winter.
- Has a closing strap to ensure that the gloves stay on.
- Made with stretchable spandex which means the gloves are highly flexible.
- The inner stitching is well-concealed to prevent snagging of materials while working.
- Tends to develop holes in the fingertips.
It’s important for work gloves to feel comfortable especially if you work for long periods of time. These gloves are of a special material that’s naturally breathable. This means that they will keep your hands warm during winter and cool in the summer. You can use these gloves for various tasks, and you can use your touch screen devices while wearing them. This means that aside from comfort, they’re highly functional too.
Aside from the comfort factor, these work gloves also provide durable protection to your hands. While using these gloves, you don’t have to worry about your hands getting dirty, scratched or scraped as you work. These protective gloves provide a snug fit, and they’re resistant to abrasions. The material of these gloves is hypoallergenic, antibacterial, and free of harsh chemicals.
These gloves will fit your hands like a second skin and will keep them protected from harm. They’re made of bamboo which is a naturally-sourced material making them ideal even for those who have sensitive skin. This material absorbs perspiration well and keeps the hands cool so you can use them for various tasks. These are seamless gloves which provide a strong grip and superior flexibility. They’re also suitable for both men and women.
- The gloves fit like a second skin, and they're touchscreen-friendly too.
- Provides durable and comfortable protection for your hands while you work.
- Made of a material that's antibacterial and hypoallergenic.
- Comes with a full money-back guarantee.
- The nitrile coating is thin.
Safety is the standout feature of these gloves. As you use them, they will protect your hands from cut, scrapes, and the usual injuries one may get while working in the kitchen. The manufacturers of these gloves are so confident of the cut-resistant feature of these gloves that you can get a refund if they don’t keep you protected. You can even use these gloves for other purposes outside of the kitchen.
These ultra-safe gloves are very comfortable too. This means that you can use them for long periods of time without tiring out your hands. With these gloves, you can comfortably handle sharp tools like knives while staying in control all throughout your task. Whether you need the gloves for cutting, slicing, peeling, and more, you can count on these gloves to keep your hands safe and relaxed.
These gloves are a lot more comfortable than leather work gloves, but they also provide superior flexibility which adds to their versatility. You can use these gloves for simple kitchen tasks or even for more complicated work such as metal handling, machining, industrial work, and the like. The cut resistance of the gloves ensures that they can withstand cutting and slicing applications while keeping your hands protected. This also makes them great for working with glass.
- Perfect for slicing and cutting foods in the kitchen or for other types of tasks.
- Cut-resistant work gloves which are very comfortable.
- Keeps the hands protected without sacrificing your grip or control.
- Comes with a full refund if you're not satisfied with the product.
- The tips of the gloves are quite vulnerable.
The work gloves come with protective closures and Flexible TPR. These will protect your wrists and give you a comfortable fit as you work with different tasks. The TrekDry feature isn’t just breathable, but it also conforms to the back part of the hands to maintain comfort and coolness while working. The seamless palm is of synthetic leather to provide you with high durability and optimal dexterity.
Easy to use
You can easily put these gloves on and take them off thanks to the elastic wrist closure that stretches well. It also provides your wrists with a secure fit which permits easy removal between your tasks. The TrekDry follows the contours of the backs of the hands for added comfort and to keep your hands cool. The gloves provide high-dexterity, and the material is very durable so you can work confidently.
These gloves come with reinforcements on their thumbs and index fingers. They have a second layer of material which provides the reinforcements for added protection to the most active digits. The gloves come with impact protection thanks to the Thermoplastic Rubber that’s anatomically-shaped to protect the back part of the hands from top to bottom. The gloves also have padding on the palm which absorbs then dissipates high-impact vibration and energy.
- Imported work gloves made of synthetic leather and are machine-washable.
- The TrekDry feature maintains the comfort and coolness of the hands.
- The flexible closure is of Thermal Plastic Rubber providing a secure fit on the wrists.
- Has leather palms which are both seamless and synthetic to provide superior dexterity.
- The gloves may get holes when used frequently.
These flexible gloves have a seamless knit design, they’re made of nylon, and they have a nitrile coating. The work gloves are super-light, extremely breathable, and dipped in micro-foam nitrile. You can even use them in the summer when you need to perform lifting tasks or other general work. When you wear it, the gloves feel like a second skin, but they will still protect your hands well.
You can use these gloves for gardening, general yard work, and more. They come in a wide range of sizes, and they’re suitable for both women and men. If you need work gloves which will provide more protection, you can purchase the variety of gloves with a double-nitrile coating.
The seamless gloves have a knit wrist that’s comfortable and which will allow you to put the gloves on and take them off your hands easily. The superior design of the gloves provides superb flexibility and hand-fitting for various tasks. They also have a nitrile coating on the palms and finger protections to make your work easier.
- Has an ergonomic design for a superior fit and feel.
- The seamless fit provides superior dexterity and maximum flexibility.
- Made of nylon and has a nitrile coating that's breathable.
- Suitable for both men and women
- You can use it in both dry and wet conditions.
- Some claim that the gloves have an odd smell.
These tactical gloves are very durable and they’re extremely lightweight too. They’re comfortable to wear, and they dry very quickly. Putting the gloves on is easy and painless because of the Velcro and neoprene wrist closures. The precision-fit fingertips make working easier no matter how easy or how complicated the task is. Even though they look rugged, these gloves will serve you well.
Value for money
This is another popular work glove that will provide you with excellent value for money. It’s an all-around pair of gloves which features a TacticalTouch construction system for the fingertips that’s patented, provides dexterity, and longevity. Also, the fingertips don’t have seams so it won’t add bulk, unravel, or cause any irritations. These gloves come at a reasonable price, but they will last long, so you don’t have to keep on replacing your gloves each time.
The gloves are or different materials such as leather, nylon, and synthetic. The back panels of the gloves have stretch nylon material to make them breathable and more flexible. They’re lightweight gloves which are fast-drying so you can use them in wet and dry conditions. These gloves are well-constructed, and they won’t wear out while you work with them. They provide you with protection without taking the sensitivity away.
- Made of durable synthetic, nylon, and leather materials.
- The fingertips have a Tactical Touch precision feature.
- Lightweight gloves which are fast-drying and breathable.
- Has a closure made of Velcro and neoprene, so the gloves don't slip off while working.
- The size of the gloves run small.
This is one of the most popular work gloves because of all its features. It’s a tough pair of gloves which are long-wearing and provide superior dexterity and a tactile feel. It has a superior protection from abrasions because of the Duraclad reinforcements which provide more durability than traditional synthetic leather. Because of the toughness, you can use it for various tasks such as material handling, landscaping, wire work, and more.
The gloves have Duraclad saddles, thumbs, fingers, and palms with reinforcements for enhanced durability. They also have a patented design on the palms which provide superior dexterity. The thermoplastic rubber protects the knuckles from abrasions and impacts. The hybrid system of the cuffs provides you with a secure fit and a quick-release feature for added safety.
These rugged work gloves are highly flexible too. They’re versatile, and they come with cuff closures with loop and hooks and have superior breathability. These gloves will keep your hands protected better than the competition. But they won’t make you feel clumsy or awkward while you’re wearing them. They fit the hands’ natural curves which makes them easy to work with.
- Some areas are of Duraclad reinforcement for long-lasting durability.
- Comes with rubberized knuckles and palms made of synthetic leather.
- Has a wrist closure with a low-profile to keep the gloves securely on the hands.
- Imported work gloves which are machine-washable and made from high-quality materials.
- The fingertips of the gloves are vulnerable.
The work gloves are of synthetic leather making them ideal for different purposes. They have padded palms with reinforcements to make them comfortable and durable. The all-purpose gloves are ideal for equipment operation, assembly of hand tools, working with power tools, and more. They also have elastic cuffs with a streamlined loop and hook closure for a secure fit. The wrist system has a neoprene guard which provides added protection.
The backhand of the gloves is of Terry cloth so you can use them to wipe away sweat while working. They have padded palms and neoprene material between the fingers for enhanced flexibility and breathability. The knuckle strap is also of neoprene material, and it provides additional dexterity. The ToughGrip saddle on the thumbs come reinforced to provide superior toughness and protection.
The gloves are of spandex and polyester. The Terry cloth material on the backhand allows you to wipe moisture and sweat without smearing. Most of the flexibility of the gloves come from the neoprene between the fingers. These also add comfort and dexterity to the gloves so you can perform various tasks easily. For added security, the gloves have elastic cuff closures.
- Imported work gloves made of spandex and polyester.
- The backhand is of Terry cloth so you can wipe the sweat from your brow while working.
- The palms are well-padded and reinforced for added comfort and toughness.
- Has a neoprene material between the fingers for improved breathability and flexibility.
- May tear at the seams after some time.
These custom-designed gloves are perfect for indoor, outdoor, and work activities. The palms have a layer of Syntrex microfiber and textured reinforcing which all the fingers have too. These add to the grip and the durability of the gloves. On the back, the work gloves have spandex material and embossed neoprene while the knuckles and fingers have padding to protect those parts from dangerous and heavy-duty work.
The Clarino synthetic leather of the work gloves is very tough, comfortable, and soft. It resists wearing, hardening and shrinking. They provide durability and an excellent grip thanks to the palm pads made of embossed PVC. The gloves have side panels made of Lycra for better dexterity, and the thumbs are of Terry cloth so you can use them to wipe off sweat. The thumbs even have Stretch Fit panels so you can perform detail work easily.
The side panels made of Lycra improve dexterity and flexibility while the synthetic leather material makes the gloves tough but comfortable to wear. You can wear the gloves and take them off easily thanks to the elastic cuff. Also, these gloves are snag-proof because their stitching is inside. These are heavy-duty work gloves designed for professional use. You can use them for gardening, landscaping, irrigation, and other similar tasks.
- Made of synthetic leather that's soft, comfortable, and durable.
- Protects the knuckles thanks to the Clarino padding.
- The side panels make the work gloves highly flexible while the closing strap makes adjustments easy.
- Has textured reinforcement on the Terry-wipe thumbs for sweat removal.
- May unravel at the seams after some time.
These gloves are very comfortable, durable, and made from premium, high-quality leather. These are heavyweight gloves which are perfect for ranchers, linesmen, and other types of workers. The inset or keystone thumbs provide a proper fit and enhanced comfort. The hemmed cuff design gives the gloves a sleek and finished look. The gloves are also gathered at the wrists to keep your hands clean.
The leather material of these gloves and the vellux lining make it highly durable so you can use them to handle even the toughest jobs. These gloves are of smooth-grain leather, they’re gun-cut, vellux-lined, and gathered at the wrists. The durability of these gloves is nothing but legendary because buffalo leather is one of the strongest materials available.
This pair of gloves comes from a brand which manufactures high-quality products. They come in a classic design and made with American craftsmanship. The buffalo leather work gloves also provide an old-fashioned fit which is why they’re very popular. Without the lining, the material feels very soft, and it also provides enough flexibility so you can freely move your hands around. Even though the sizes of the gloves are for men, women can use them too.
- Made of 100% leather from genuine American Buffalo (Bison).
- Comfortable gloves which have hemmed cuffs and keystone thumbs.
- Suitable for men and women.
- The work gloves have a vellux leather lining which offers protection from cold weather.
- Some issues with the sizing of the gloves.
Guide to Buying the Best Work Gloves
There you have it, a list of the best work gloves available on the market now. You can choose any one of these work gloves and feel confident that you’ve purchased a superior product which will serve you well and keep you safe at work.
What important factors should you consider when buying work gloves?
First of all, check the padding of the work gloves especially in the finger, palm, and knuckle areas. The padding can provide added durability and protection especially while you perform tough tasks. Also, the padding can make the work gloves more comfortable to use.
Apart from protecting your hands, the work gloves should provide you with flexibility. If the gloves don’t have this feature, then you won’t be able to perform your tasks productively. No matter what type of work you’re doing, you need your hands to move freely. This is especially important if you do detail work or you’re handling woodworking or mechanical tools.
Check the level of flexibility the gloves will provide. Sure, they may protect your hands well, but if you can’t move your fingers in them, they won’t be very useful. Base your choice on your tasks and how much dexterity or flexibility you need for the work ahead.
Materials of work gloves
Finally, you should also consider the material of the work gloves. Different products are of different materials which are either manmade or natural. Also, most gloves come with a synthetic coating to provide added protection. Let’s take a look at the most common materials manufacturers use to make work gloves:
There are different types of work gloves made of leather. This material provides durability and a superior range of motion even though it’s thinner than other materials. Leather protects the hands well from abrasions, scrapes, and more. If you need a pair of leather gloves which will give you fine dexterity, then you can choose leather from sheepskin.
Not a lot of people would choose cotton work gloves because they’re not as durable as the other types of materials. But cotton gloves can keep the hands clean and prevent abrasions. Cotton gloves with a coating are very useful in laboratories to protect the hands against any harsh chemicals. If you think you can perform your tasks productively with gloves made of this material, then you can go for cotton work gloves.
For tasks which require protection from cuts or extreme heat, gloves made of this material would be the best. You can choose work gloves made purely of Kevlar or a pair made of this material combined with another like goatskin. Firefighters and similar professionals use these types of work gloves.
Finally, there are also gloves available which are of chemical-resistant materials. These gloves can provide protection to those who work with chemical-related tasks. For one, work gloves made of butyl rubber can protect your hands from chemicals like peroxide, sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, and nitric acid.
Natural rubber or latex gloves are very useful when you work with salts, acids, ketones, alkalis, and water solutions. If you work with gasoline, organic acids, hydraulic fluids, and alcohols, then choose a pair of neoprene work gloves. But if you handle chlorinated solvents, then gloves made of nitrile rubber are the best for you.
There are a lot of things to consider when purchasing work gloves. Sure, we all want to have stylish gloves while working but if they fall apart after the first task, it’s like you just wasted your money. The good news is that there are some excellent products on the market. If you want to get the best work gloves, then you need to know what you’re looking for.
From the material of the gloves to all the other features, there’s a lot you need to think about. Work gloves come in different shapes, sizes, materials, and colors. But if you want to find the best, you need to know what to look for. We’ve provided you with a lot of relevant information to guide you in making a wiser choice, We have reviewed the best products available on the market to help narrow down your choices.