Are you looking to give the walls of your home a new look? If you want a great paint job every time, you need the right tools. For any painting projects and tasks, a superior paint roller will prove an asset. Although paint brushes are essential for more detailed work, the workhorse of painting is the roller.
Purchasing the best paint roller is easy if you know what you’re looking for. In this article, we’ll go through a buying guide as well as some of the best products available out there now. By the end, we hope that you will have a better idea of what you need and what paint roller will best suit your needs.
- Features to consider in Good paint rollers
- The Best Paint Rollers 2020
- 1. STANLEY Home Paint Kit
- 2. HomeRight PaintStick EZ-Twist C800952.M Paint Roller
- 3. Wooster Brush R017-14 Sherlock Roller Frame
- 4. Bates Paint Roller
- 5. Work Tools International 57646 6-Inch Premium Foam Paint Roller Cover and Frame
- 6. KILZ MASTER COLLECTION Professional Mini Paint Roller
- 7. Wooster Brush R501-9 501 Soft Grip Roller Frame
- 8. Shur-Line 8500 One Coater Paint Kit
- 9. Katzco Paint Roller
- 10. General 7Piece Great Value 4 inch Multi use Acrylic, paint roller
- Guide to Buying the Best Paint Rollers
Features to consider in Good paint rollers
When choosing a paint roller, make sure the fabric doesn’t hang over either end. The best paint rollers are usually beveled, and there shouldn’t be any overhanging fabric. Look for the roller’s seam. If there isn’t one, then it’s probably a good item. If the roller has any loose backing or gaps, then it’s probably an inferior product.
The fabric of the paint roller is very important because, without it, you won’t be able to use the roller. That’s why you need to make sure that this feature will deliver when you utilize it for various applications.
The next thing to look for is the construction. The roller shouldn’t shed any lint otherwise it will mess up your painting jobs. The product’s construction and the way it’s manufactured has an impact on its quality. In fact, this is true for all products. Ultimately, well-constructed paint rollers will do a better job.
Also, check the thickness of the roller cover. The applications you plan to use the paint roller for will help you determine the thickness you need. Keep in mind that thicker covers will hold more paint which, in turn, will allow you to paint even the crevices of rough surfaces.
Finally, the roller frame is also something to consider. There are two main types of roller frames available. The larger frames are usually 9-inches in size while the smaller ones are 4-inches in size. Of course, the former is ideal for bigger surfaces such as ceilings and walls.
On the other hand, the latter is more suitable for smaller painting applications such as cabinets, furniture, doors, and more. Some paint roller frames also come with threaded handles so you can attach them to extension poles for painting high surfaces.
What you’re going to paint
You should also think about what you’re going to paint. Purchasing a paint roller seems simple, but when you don’t know what you want to paint, things may become tricky. For instance, if you plan to paint interior walls, choose a set of paint rollers which have different sizes. This will provide you with better versatility and ensure a smooth finish even in the tight corners.
Or if you want to paint furniture, then go for the smaller-sized rollers. These will allow you to paint nooks and crannies while still maintaining a smooth finish. Also, most products come with trays, but some don’t. Think about whether you need a tray or not for your painting applications.
The Best Paint Rollers 2020
This isn’t just a paint roller, it’s a whole kit! Everything included in this kit will provide you with superior performance. You can use the paint rollers with all kinds of paint. The microfiber rollers glide on smoothly without leaving any lint behind. It’s suitable for DIYers, professionals, and everyone else in between. It’s one of the best products because you can use it for different painting applications.
It’s important to find a product made of high-quality materials. The covers of the paint roller are of fabric with a high-density. Therefore, it can hold a lot of paint, and it releases the paint evenly. It has an easy to use core that’s resistant to solvents. That’s just the roller! Aside from the paint roller, all the other items in this kit are also made from high-quality materials and construction.
Easy to use
From furniture to baseboards, this kit will help make your projects easier and more efficient. Working with all the tools in this kit will allow you to start your jobs off the right way. Since the paint roller and all other items are a breeze to use, this product will be very valuable to you. This ease of use also makes it perfect for different kinds of workers from novices to professionals and everyone in between.
- Made with a high-density fabric which holds a lot of paint and releases the paint evenly.
- Has a durable core that's solvent-resistant making it easy to use and clean.
- Comes with everything you need to perform different painting jobs.
- Suitable for beginners and for painting professionals as well.
- Some claim that the tray is cheaply-made.
Easy to use
Paint rollers are simple tools, but some have complex designs which make them a challenge to work with. But this doesn’t have to be the case. Because the handle of this paint roller holds the paint, it removes the need for a tray. It’s easy to use, and it extends your reach so that you can even paint your ceilings and walls. Using this paint roller will save you time, money, and effort too.
Aside from being easy to use, it’s also highly versatile. The roller has an innovative design, and it will allow you to perform your painting tasks a lot quicker. The handle’s twisting feature provides enhanced control of the paint’s flow. Also, this durable handle won’t require you to keep on refilling the paint while working. Finally, because of its length, you can also use the paint roller to paint higher areas such as walls and ceilings.
This paint roller has covers which resist shedding. This means that you’ll always end up with a smooth finish while you perform your painting tasks. It has simple but improved end caps which hold the perforated roller cover in place. Also, the covers are easy to take off for cleaning. Speaking of cleaning, when you’re done painting, all you have to do is flush the handle with water.
- Made with the EZ-Twist feature that's new and improved.
- Easy to use, saves you a lot of time and effort when painting.
- Doesn't need a traditional roller tray for painting jobs.
- Has a twistable handle which allows better paint flow and control.
- The rollers tend to become flat fairly quickly.
One of the best features of this paint roller is its size. It’s wider than the competition making it more versatile. Also, the size makes it perfect for painting large surface areas or different rooms. The handle provides an easy grip for your comfort and a smooth painting experience. It also has a spring mechanism which allows for easy removal of the roller covers.
Aside from having a wide width, this paint roller is also highly durable. It’s made from high-quality materials to improve the product’s sturdiness and longevity. The paint roller also has fiberglass reinforcements which improve its sturdiness. You can keep using this roller over and over again without worrying that it will break.
Easy to use
This is a bestselling paint roller which is simple, efficient, and easy to use too. The easy and clean hands-free removal feature is the one that people particularly appreciate. With this feature, you don’t have to get your hands dirty while you work. It also has internal bearings, a full-sized grip that’s comfortable, and a handle that’s threaded for versatility. This means that you can attach the paint roller to a compatible pole for those high areas in your home.
- Comes with a quick-release spring which prevents the slippage of the roller.
- It has internal bearings which roll smoothly to prevent the shank from wearing.
- The endcaps and nylon cage are of durable and reinforced fiberglass.
- It's compatible with the Sherlock GT from the same brand.
- The frame doesn't come with sleeves. You have to purchase them separately.
The items in this kit are all built-well and manufactured with care. Once you’ve gotten used to this paint roller, it will be an invaluable tool for your various painting tasks. The paint roller has a comfortable grip which means that you can use it for a long time without worrying about fatigue. Also, all the items in the kit will last long because of their durability.
As aforementioned, this is a professional-quality product from the tray, the paint roller, and all the other inclusions. As soon as you open the kit, you’ll discover that all the items are sturdy and made with the finest materials. With the paint roller and the other items, you will have the exceptional ability to perform painting tasks quickly and with a smooth, superior finish.
Good value for money
Aside from being of superior quality, this product is also affordable. You’ll get good value for your money with this high-quality set. Remember that you won’t just get a paint roller but all the items you need to perform various painting applications. The best part is that anyone can use this – from beginners to professionals.
- High-quality set which is easy to clean and which will last for a long time.
- The paint roller will help you get any paint job done with an excellent finish.
- The brush and roller have handles which are both lightweight and comfortable.
- Has thick naps and filaments to save you time and effort while painting.
- Some claim that the brush included in the set isn't very durable.
Even with products as simple as paint rollers, versatility is very important. This is a high-density paint roller that’s suitable for different applications. You can use it to paint shelves, window frames, furniture, cupboards, doors, jambs, and more. This is also ideal for different substances such as urethanes, low-viscosity enamels, and traditional varnishes. This versatility makes it one of the best paint rollers on the market now.
The design of this product is also something to boast about. The ends of the paint roller are concave and patent-pending. This design feature helps virtually remove lap lines while painting. Also, the concave ends provide a feathered edge to the roller to make it paint more efficiently. But it doesn’t just have a great design, it also performs superbly.
This is a lightweight paint roller which you can use for different painting applications. If you want the painted surface to have a spray-like finish, then this paint roller is the one for you. Also, the construction of the product will provide you with minimum bubbling and stippling. Because of the roller’s weight, you can use it for a long time without making your hand feel tired.
- You can use it with different paints and for different painting applications.
- Has concave ends which can help eliminate any lap lines.
- Has a tight-celled construction to minimize bubbling and stippling.
- Provides a "spray-like" finish when used for painting jobs.
- Although it holds a lot of paint, it tends to drip.
The paint rollers from this master collection are professional-grade which means that they’re made of high-quality materials. The assembly of this paint roller provides both the cover and the cage for you to start working on your next project. Aside from the materials, the paint roller is also of high-quality construction. Since the cover is high-density, there’s no risk of shedding, and it will provide a smooth finish every time.
You can use this paint roller on cabinets, doors, and even on trim. As long as you know how to use it correctly, this paint roller will be highly beneficial to you. Aside from this mini roller, the brand also offers other products with different assemblies and sizes which you can use for various applications.
This is another lightweight paint roller, and it’s made with superior construction. It’s easy to use and, despite the simple design, performs well enough even for professionals. Because of the simple design, it’s also very easy to use. The foam cover gives an even finish even when used on different surfaces.
- Made with high-quality materials and designed to provide professional results.
- Lightweight paint roller which doesn't shed and will give you a smooth finish.
- Easy to use and is suitable for different painting applications.
- Comes from a brand which offers a variety of materials for different painting jobs.
- It doesn't hold as much paint.
Although paint rollers are generally affordable, there are budget rollers such as this product, which are still considered as high-quality. Such products come at a reasonable price without sacrificing the quality and performance. Aside from saving a few bucks, you can also use this paint roller for your bigger painting tasks. It has a great design, and you can use it to make your tasks easier.
The handle of a paint roller is one of the most important features. This product comes with a redesigned handle which not only looks beautiful but also makes it comfortable to hold. You won’t feel fatigue even when handling this paint roller for long periods of time. The handle even has a thumb groove and a polypropylene surface that’s non-slip.
Although budget-friendly, this paint roller is very durable. It comes from a well-known brand and promises both performance and value. This paint roller is of high-quality, durable materials which ensure its longevity. Also, the roller has metal wires which keep the cover attached and round as you work. Even if you keep on using this product again and again, it won’t fail you because of the quality construction and the sturdy materials.
- Soft handle provides comfort, and it's also threaded for use with an extension pole.
- Has a durable core as well as a dependable fabric construction.
- Provides good value for money as well as performance.
- Comes from a well-known brand which produces excellent tools for painting.
- It isn't compatible with the sure-lock technology from the same brand.
Why settle for just a paint roller when there are products which will provide you with different items for various painting tasks? Whether you want to start a new project or perform DIY tasks at home, this kit will be ideal for you. It’s a complete kit which comes with everything you need from the tray, the brushes, the paint rollers, and more. With this kit, you’ll have everything you need in just one place.
Easy to use
Ease of use is important to everyone especially those who aren’t too familiar with painting jobs. Fortunately, all the items in this kit are also easy to use. The paint roller has a cover which you can remove easily but stays on while working. Also, all the other items included with the kit are simple and easy to work with. Using all the tools here, you can achieve flawless paint jobs.
Finally, all the items are of high-quality materials. The paint roller has a thermo-bond core that’s tough and impervious to water and paint solvents. This makes the roller cover glide on surfaces smoothly every time. Speaking of the cover, it’s made of Shur-Line fabric which allows for superb painting performance.
- Includes everything you need to complete different kinds of painting jobs.
- The roller's fabric is thermally-fused to its core to eliminate adhesive failure.
- The core is also durable and impervious to water and paint solvents.
- Suitable for beginners, DIYers, and professionals too.
- Some claim that the roller's handle tends to break off easily.
Easy to use
This paint roller has a quick-release spring which prevents any roller slippage. Still, it allows for easy removal. This means that you can take out the covers easily when you need to change them while you paint. The durable core is solvent-resistant, and the super smooth action won’t require much effort, hence, allowing you to work faster. It’s a comfortable paint roller anyone can use, even beginners and DIYers.
This is a professional-grade paint roller which will help you get your jobs done quickly in the cleanest, nicest, and easiest possible way. It may look simple, but it’s suitable for different kinds of workers and different painting tasks. The frame has a 5-wire cage which will firmly hold the cover and prevent slippage. It’s even suitable for use in tight spaces.
If you’re looking for a paint roller which will provide you with control, durability, efficiency, and speed, then this is the one for you. It’s a superior product with a high-quality finish and round ends. This feature removes any track lines and will give surfaces a smooth finish. You can use the versatile roller to paint various surfaces and areas of the home.
- Has a core that's solvent-resistant to provide enhanced durability.
- The free-spin action is super smooth to work faster and require less effort.
- High-quality paint roller which is also very easy to use.
- Comes with a full guarantee either for a refund or a replacement.
- Some customers claim that the roller covers are too fuzzy.
This isn’t just a paint roller, it’s an entire kit. It comes with a paint tray, a paint roller, and paint roller covers. With all these items, you can start painting your home or other venues. It’s a lint-free product which you can use for various purposes. From home projects and more, this paint roller will prove itself over and over again. Since it’s made from high-quality materials, this also ensures the longevity of the product.
Because of its size and design, you can use this roller for a variety of painting applications. You can even use it to paint narrow or hard to reach areas. This makes it highly versatile and handy. It’s a premium product which is for use with all types of paints. Since it comes with a number of covers, you can also use the roller with different paints without having to wash the covers first.
One of the best design features of this paint roller is its threaded handle. Because of this feature, this paint roller will fit most of the extension poles. It’s a high-quality product which comes from a brand that’s been around for decades. Also, it will deliver a smooth finish every time.
- Comes with a threaded handle which fits most extension pole products.
- Suitable for areas which are hard to reach.
- Premium product that will be a great addition to your tools for home repair.
- Provides you with a smooth finish for painting jobs.
- The brush part may leave a residue.
Guide to Buying the Best Paint Rollers
In movies and television, they make it look like a painting is a simple and easy task. With the best paint roller, this can be true for you. Paint rollers are essential and effective tools when it comes to painting. That is if you find the best paint roller for your own needs.
Paint rollers are simple products which are also easy to use. But that doesn’t mean you should choose the first one you find. Before you make a purchase, consider these important factors.
What important factors should you consider when buying paint rollers?
The nap refers to the fur or fuzz on a paint roller, and the length is usually measured in inches. Choose the nap length that will suit your painting needs. To determine what you need, check the texture of the surface you plan to paint. Smooth and flat surfaces need a fine or flat roller.
On the other hand, rough and textured surfaces need a longer nap so you can reach the surfaces crevices and peaks. The appropriate nap length will allow full coverage as well as a smooth, full surface.
The composition is another factor to look out for. This time, the type of nap you would choose would depend on the type of paint you plan to use. Rollers are typically designed for specific paint types. However, there are products compatible with different types of paint too.
Quality of the paint roller
For any jobs and applications, high-quality tools and equipment are essential. Painting is no exception. So, when you’re choosing a paint roller, go for the ones with superior quality. This is because the paint roller’s quality will affect the outcome of your paint job. Low-quality rollers won’t be of much use to you.
Cheap, low-quality paint rollers tend to lose hair or fuzz at a faster rate. This would affect the finish of your paint job. Also, such rollers may have naps with a poor release which will leave the surface with an uneven finish. So, if you want professional results, go for the products which will provide you with it.
What are some tips for using and caring for your paint roller
Just because you want one of the best paint rollers available, that doesn’t mean that you have to break the bank. There are many affordable products which are durable and will give you excellent results. Once you’ve found “the one,” you should also know how to use and care for it.
Choosing and using your paint roller
- As long as you can afford it, make sure to purchase the best paint rollers for your painting needs. High-quality paint rollers are more durable which means that they’ll last longer and give you superior results each time you use them. On the other hand, bargain paint rollers may save you a couple of bucks, but they have the tendency to fall apart quickly or leave lint on the surfaces you paint.
- If you can, try the different brands of paint rollers and paint roller frames so you can determine which one feels comfortable in your hand. If you plan to use the paint roller frequently, then a comfortable grip is essential. When purchasing products online, find one which promises comfort even when you use it for longer periods of time.
Caring for your paint roller
- Use light pressure when applying the paint.
- Remove the cover from the frame after you’re done painting.
- Clean the cover and the roller after painting to ensure its longevity.
- When you use your paint roller with latex paint, clean it with water and soap. Hold your roller cover under some running water than squeeze it gently to remove all the paint. Keep on doing this until you’ve removed all the paint then let it dry.
- Never soak the roller cover in water and leave it for a long period of time.
Although paint rollers look like simple items, there’s more to it when purchasing one. From the purpose to the actual product, there’s a lot to consider when looking for the best paint rollers. By now you’ve learned a lot more about paint rollers. We’ve also reviewed some of the best products which you can choose from.
Once you’ve found the product for you, you should also know how to use it and maintain it. This is important so you can keep on using your paint roller for years to come. Paint rollers are very useful items, and it’s worth owning one especially if you do a lot of painting jobs.