When it comes to building, artisans appreciate a more precise cut. It is exactly why a jigsaw is a necessary tool for any builder. There are so many different options out on the market, which is why we want to show you nothing but the best jigsaws.
The best jigsaws for 2020 deliver precise cuts with every use. The products are known for their durability and reliability. We recommend taking into account everything this article has to explain about the best jigsaws, before comparing individual products.
- Features to consider in Good Jigsaws
- The 10 Best Jigsaws 2020
- 1. The Bosch JS470EB 7.0-Amp Barrel-Grip
- 2. BLACK & DECKER BDEJS600C 5.0-Amp
- 3. DEWALT DC330B 18-Volt Cordless
- 4. Makita 4350FCT 6.3-Amp Top-Handle
- 5. WORX WX550L 20V AXIS 2-in-1
- 6. DEWALT DW317K 5.5-Amp Top-Handle
- 7. DEWALT DCS331B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion
- 8. Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Top-Handle
- 9. Porter Cable PCE345 6-Amp Orbital
- 10. Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle
- Guide to Buying the Best Jigsaws
Features to consider in Good Jigsaws
Buying a jigsaw is not always the easiest thing to do because there is a wide selection. It is intimidating for craftspeople just getting into the business.
There are a couple of features of jigsaws you must take into account to make sure you find the right tool for your building needs:
You need to make sure you have the right blade to do the job correctly. Here are some things to look out for when it comes to the best jigsaw blades:
- Thin blades provide you with an all-around cleaner cut.
- If you’re trying to avoid damage to the surface you’re cutting through; you will want to consider a push stroke blade.
- Every blade has a different number of teeth, which means that you need to be mindful of the blade you’re using.
- The edge of the blade is also important because you don’t want to get left with any improper cuts.
Consumers can learn more about different blade types by considering the information found in this article.
Cordless Jigsaws vs. Regular Jigsaws
Aside from the various blade types on the market, you’ll also want to consider whether or not you’ll want a cordless unit. There are a few factors to consider:
- The battery life of a cordless jigsaw.
- The length of the cable that comes with a standard jigsaw.
- The power output of the cordless jigsaw (some may be lower than their wired counterparts).
Now that you know a few basics to consider, let’s examine the ten best jigsaws for 2020:
The 10 Best Jigsaws 2020
Why we like it: The Bosch JS470EB 7.0-Amp Barrel-Grip is the best jigsaw available for 2020. Why? The Bosch JS470EB 7.0-Amp Barrel-Grip has a very powerful motor, and changing out blades is effortless. We also like how the gearbox got produced with quality aluminum parts.
When it comes to features, the Bosch JS470EB 7.0-Amp Barrel-Grip is one of the best jigsaws on the market. Here are some of its premier features:
- An internal low vibration system that allows you to make more precise cuts.
- There is zero need for any other tools when it is time to change the blade due to the T-shank clamping system.
- The jigsaw motor provides you with seven amps of power and an impressive 3,100 strokes per minute!
- The purchase includes a carrying case. The soft grip of the jigsaw is another convenience factor.
- You may change the speeds of the saw, another top luxury.
- Bosch exclusive technology allows you to have a smooth launch every time, and on top of that, you’ll be able to manage the speed of the blade.
- The jigsaw is capable of performing 45-degree bevel cuts.
- Aluminum gearbox
- 1-inch strokes for more control of the cuts.
- There are wood and metal friendly blade options for the jigsaw, yet the product is sold with only one blade.
The current price on Amazon is around $130. For a jigsaw with that many features, the price is outstanding. It might seem like the Bosch JS470EB 7.0-Amp Barrel-Grip is on the expensive side, but when it comes to performance, you really won’t find a better jigsaw.
- The comfortable grip combined with low vibration makes cutting an absolute breeze.
- The toolless blade removal is impressive. Nobody wants to touch a hot blade.
- 3,100 strokes per minute – at one inch in depth – will never leave you with a job you can't tackle.
- Some builders could care less (or even prefer) if the jigsaw is corded for power.
Why we like it: While there are a couple of negative aspects to the BLACK & DECKER BDEJS600C 5.0-Amp jigsaw, there is still a lot to like. The price is fantastic, and it comes with plenty of features. It lacks a little power for bigger projects yet is practical for residential and light construction.
The BLACK & DECKER BDEJS600C 5.0-Amp is a jigsaw that comes with an array of useful features. It is clear to see why it is one of the best jigsaws for 2020:
- The orbital aspect of this jigsaw is interesting because you can customize the orbit of the saw in four unique settings.
- The jigsaw offers 45-degree bevel cut capabilities.
- No need for tools to remove the blade.
- A great wire guard that allows for safe and precise cuts.
- A dust blower to clean off the workspace.
- The 5 amp motor allows you to adjust the speed with a maximum of 3,000 strokes per minute.
- Jigsaw delivers a ¾ of an inch stroke.
- Sold with one blade, you’ll probably want to invest in a few other types for added versatility.
When it comes to the best jigsaws, you’ll probably think that they’re going to cost you a small fortune. Luckily, with the BLACK & DECKER BDEJS600C 5.0-Amp jigsaw is insanely cheap. Shipping is free on Amazon and even comes with a 2-year warranty. Not bad, right?
- The low price keeps the jigsaw affordable for everyone.
- The orbital system makes it even easier to cut at those hard to reach angles.
- Weighing only 4.6 pounds, you'll find that it's very portable.
- There is no cordless option.
- The vibration can be a bit much at times.
- It doesn't cut as deep as some of the stronger jigsaws on the list.
Why we like it: The DEWALT DC330B 18-Volt Cordless provides phenomenal power and control for a cordless alternative. You can perform heavy-duty construction projects without worrying about a cord interfering with workflow. But you’ll need to pay extra to get the battery.
The DEWALT DC330B 18-Volt Cordless jigsaw is the best cordless jigsaw for 2020. Trust us on this one -you’ll love all of its features:
- Fully cordless jigsaw.
- No tools required to change the blade.
- An 18-volt battery that provides an ample amount of charge and power.
- A one-inch stroke length with up to 3,000 strokes per minute.
- An adjustable dust blower.
- Four different settings with the orbital adjustment system.
- 45-degree cut capabilities.
- Purchase includes a three-year limited warranty.
- No-slip comfort grip on the jigsaw.
- Portable and lightweight.
- Includes a charger that juices the battery in as little as 15 minutes.
The retail price for the DEWALT DC330B 18-Volt Cordless jigsaw is $300, which is a bit high. However, based on the power you receive for a cordless jigsaw, it is worth the extra cost for many builders.
- The 18 volts of power allows for an output similar to some of the best-corded jigsaws.
- Extremely portable and comfortable to use.
- It only takes 15 minutes to charge the battery, which means you'll have less downtime between cuts.
- The battery is sold separately.
- Weighing over seven pounds puts it on the heavier side.
- It is one of the pricer jigsaws on the top 10 list.
Why we like it: The Makita 4350FCT 6.3-Amp Top-Handle is a product that you'll love to have in your arsenal. It could use a little more power for professional construction projects, but overall it is a versatile and well-equipped cutting tool.
The Makita 4350FCT 6.3-Amp Top-Handle jigsaw comes with a wide array of exceptional features. Whenever a job comes your way, the Makita 4350FCT 6.3-Amp Top-Handle jigsaw will never leave you hanging.
Here are the best features of the Makita 4350FCT 6.3-Amp Top-Handle jigsaw:
- An LED light for cutting in dark areas.
- Three different orbital settings for configuration.
- A very strong 6.3 amp motor.
- Jigsaw has 45-degree cutting capabilities.
- Up to 2,800 strokes per minute.
- Dust blower is part of the product.
- Corded, but up to eight feet in length.
- One inch strokes for excellent control.
- A balanced motor that nullifies 40% of the vibration and noise.
- No tools needed to remove the blade.
- Purchase includes a one year warranty.
The price of the Makita 4350FCT 6.3-Amp Top-Handle is around $155 as the price fluctuates, like other products on Amazon. It is worth considering given the fair, middle of the road price.
- The LED light makes it easy to perform those hard to see cuts.
- The eight feet of cord length means that you won't need to scramble for an extension cord.
- We love the vibration reduction technology that also quiets the machine down.
- 2,800 strokes per minute is a lot for a 6.4 amp motor, but it still doesn’t make the size of the motor the best for every type of construction project.
- For a corded jigsaw, it's a bit on the heavy side at over eight pounds.
Why we like it: Overall, the WORX WX550L 20V AXIS 2-in-1 is a terrific multi-purpose tool. It doesn’t feature the best power output or battery life. But it does offer more flexibility and options. If you're looking to complete two different tasks with one saw, the WORX WX550L 20V AXIS 2-in-1 saw is for you.
The WORX WX550L 20V AXIS 2-in-1 tool is one of the best jigsaws on the market for a variety of reasons. The vast amount of features are sure to impress, so let’s take a look at some of its most important:
- You get two saws in one machine with pivotal saw capabilities.
- The saw is capable of slicing through most types of surfaces.
- A dust blower for a cleaner job.
- This jigsaw is compatible with most other blades on the market.
- A powerful 20-volt battery for dependable performance.
- Everything you need to start is included with the initial purchase.
- The battery provides you with up to 25 minutes of nonstop use.
- No need to use tools when it is time to change the blade.
When it comes to a fully functional 2-in-1 saw, you would expect a hefty price tag. Luckily, the WORX WX550L 20V AXIS 2-in-1 jigsaw costs less than $100. The value is exceptional, making it a terrific bargain choice.
- The 2-in-1 cutting capabilities.
- Weighing just over four pounds, it's lighter than you would expect.
- The jigsaw includes everything you need (blades, batteries, and battery charger).
- The price for what you get is truly an excellent deal.
- Very portable and cordless for a jigsaw.
- The battery life is not ideal. It lasts approximately a half hour before you may have to recharge.
- The multi-purpose saw has other features, which is not ideal if you only need a jigsaw.
Why we like it: The DEWALT DW317K 5.5-Amp Top-Handle jigsaw is certainly one of the best jigsaws on the market. You get a lot of motor power for the price paid.
The DEWALT DW317K 5.5-Amp Top-Handle jigsaw is one of the top jigsaws on the market, and this is due to the impressive range of features:
- The four-position orbital system allows you to make precision cuts.
- Up to 45-degree cutting capabilities.
- Up to 3,100 strokes per minute.
- Semi-power 5.5 amp motor at your disposal.
- Variable power settings for added control.
- The metal gearbox provides durability.
- Includes a one-inch stroke depth.
- Dependable product with a good three-year warranty.
- Sold with a storage and carrying bag.
For what you get with the DEWALT DW317K 5.5-Amp Top-Handle jigsaw, the price is fair. You’ll only need to shell out about $100 for this particular jigsaw, which is within a lot of budgets.
- 3,100 strokes per minute for about $100 is an excellent deal.
- The jigsaw comes with everything you need right out of the box.
- The metal gearbox improves durability.
- It only weighs a little over six pounds.
- The saw is produced with plastic, which generally isn’t good for long-term use.
- It is a little bit on the heavy side for a corded jigsaw.
- If you need something ultra-portable, you should consider another type of saw.
Why we like it: While there are a couple of negatives, the DEWALT DCS331B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion is still a very dependable jigsaw. It would be nice if the manufacturer included a battery with purchase, but overall it’s a decent value. Some users will love the lightweight portability of the jigsaw.
It’s no coincidence that Dewalt appears on our list of the best jigsaws again and again. Dewalt has an incredible reputation and knows their tools. The DEWALT DCS331B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion jigsaw is no exception. Let’s take a look at some of the features:
- A full metal lever-action keyless blade.
- The jigsaw provides users with four different orbital settings.
- No-slip grip for complete control and comfort.
- T-shank blades are of high quality and compatible with the saw.
- The jigsaw supports 45-degree cutting capabilities.
- A 20-volt battery included with your investment.
- The product includes a three-year warranty for added protection.
The DEWALT DCS331B 20-Volt MAX Li-Ion jigsaw is not here to rip you off. It retails around $100, which is fair given the specifications.
- The powerful battery which is of good value considering the retail cost of the jigsaw.
- Cordless portability is always convenient for a variety of job types.
- Lightweight jigsaw (5.5 pounds) is easy to carry around a job site.
- The battery does not last very long, so you’ll need to charge it frequently.
- The battery is also not included with the main purchase.
Why we like it: We love most Bosch products in general, and trust us on this one, the Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Top-Handle jigsaw is no exception. It is worth considering depending on your price range and preference of cordless vs. corded jigsaws.
The Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Top-Handle jigsaw is another worthy consideration. The saw offers several high-quality features:
- Four different orbital settings for precise cuts at multiple angles.
- A speed setting allows you to control the power output and reduce vibration.
- The 7 amp motor is powerful enough for a lot of projects.
- Up to 3,100 strokes per minute for dependable performance.
- It comes with everything you need right out of the box (bevel wrench, blade, carrying case, and plastic shoe).
- No need to use tools to remove or change blades.
- A lock button to set your preferred speed.
The Bosch JS470E 120-Volt 7.0-Amp Top-Handle Jigsaw doesn’t leave you hanging or your pockets empty. The saw is fairly affordable as it retails at $130 though you can often find a better deal online at websites like Amazon.
- The 4-in-1 orbital controls give you more options for cuts.
- Its lightweight design also makes the jigsaw fairly portable.
- 3,100 stokes per minute are plenty of power for most materials.
- It comes with everything you need right out of the box.
- The saw is a bit heavy at around 10 pounds despite its portable design.
- You can still find a more portable option if you don’t mind buying a cordless jigsaw.
Why we like it: The Porter Cable PCE345 6-Amp Orbital jigsaw is an excellent product. For its price, it is hard to find a better jigsaw. Those with a limited budget can find a practical saw with the Porter Cable PCE345 6-Amp Orbital Jigsaw.
The Porter Cable PCE345 6-Amp Orbital jigsaw is another marquee option. You get most of the standard features found with other jigsaws on this list:
- Four different orbital settings for precision cuts.
- A powerful 6 amp motor capable of handling most projects.
- An impressive seven different speed settings.
- Toolless blade changing capabilities.
- Up to 3,200 strokes per minute.
- The product includes a three-year warranty.
- A button that leaves the saw on (yet safely) during longer cuts when you need a short break.
When it comes to the price of the Porter Cable PCE345 6-Amp Orbital jigsaw, you’ll be pleased to hear that the saw is less than $60. It easily makes the Porter Cable PCE345 6-Amp Orbital one of the cheapest jigsaws available for 2020.
- The jigsaw only weighs six pounds, so it's pretty light.
- 3,200 strokes per minute is a lot to be proud of, and that power makes any project all the more feasible.
- The lock button that leaves the saw on can help you cut for extended periods.
- The price is very affordable and within nearly every budget.
- Some users complain that the cable design tends to get into the way of cuts.
- While leaving the saw on is great for fatigue management, you also need to keep in mind the safety aspect.
Why we like it: The Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle jigsaw is of good value. It doesn’t have everything, but considering the low price has plenty to offer. You could do a lot worse than the Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle jigsaw.
The Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle jigsaw is the final saw to make our list for 2020. It deserves a spot because of some of its features:
- The 3.9 amp motor is not great, but considering the price effective enough for smaller tasks.
- The jigsaw delivers three different orbital settings.
- A rubber grip for excellent vibration absorption.
- Builders may chop up material up to 45-degree bevel cuts.
- A large trigger for convenience.
- A lockable on-button for long-term use.
- Variable speeds up to 3,100 strokes per minute.
- Sold with a hex wrench for easy blade change and removal.
When it comes to the price of the Makita 4329K 3.9 Amp Variable-Speed Top-Handle jigsaw, there is a lot to love about it. It is because the jigsaw is on the less expensive side, and will only set you back about $60.
- The jigsaw is tremendously easy to use.
- The large trigger makes it easier to cut for a prolonged amount of time.
- It weighs just over four pounds, which is pretty light for a jigsaw.
- 3,100 strokes per minute are right up there with the best.
- You'll need to use a hex wrench to remove and secure blades.
- The 3.9 amp battery is not as strong as some of the others on the list.
Guide to Buying the Best Jigsaws
Now that you have spent time reviewing some of the best jigsaws on the market, let’s take a closer look at the standard features of a jigsaw tool.
There are several important factors to consider to make your buying decision easier. These include:
- Corded vs. Cordless
- Types of Blades
- Jigsaw Angles
- Power of the Jigsaw
Corded vs. Cordless Jigsaws
When it comes to picking one of the best jigsaws, something that you’ll need to consider is whether or not you want to go cordless. The choice usually comes down to personal preference, though some types of jobs are more practical for one type over the other.
Cordless jigsaws tend to cost a bit more. Regardless, each type of jigsaw has its advantages and disadvantages:
The Benefits of a Corded Jigsaw
A jigsaw with a cord does not make it a second-rate tool. You’ll have plenty of power to work with, and a lot of the best jigsaws come with at least eight feet worth of cord length. The benefits include:
- Corded jigsaws provide a higher power output that makes cutting through hardwood and metal easier.
- With a corded jigsaw changing a battery is not required, so there is no need to remind yourself to charge a battery overnight.
- Corded jigsaws are fairly portable with the use of an extension cord.
- Corded jigsaws tend to weigh less than cordless jigsaws.
The Benefits of a Cordless Jigsaw
Cordless jigsaws are an excellent choice, and there are a couple of benefits that make them more valued compared to corded versions. The top benefits of cordless jigsaws are:
- Cordless jigsaws are extremely portable.
- It is easier to angle certain cuts without having to worry about a cord getting in the way.
It comes down to personal preference when deciding between cordless and corded jigsaws.
Types of Jigsaw Blades
Jigsaws have a wide array of different configurations. The easiest and most practical way to configure a jigsaw is with the blade. For example, some types of blades have a designated purpose for cutting metal, while others get preferred for wood. Builders also need to consider how many teeth are on the blade.
Teeth are crucial because they can determine the outcome of the cut. The more teeth you have and the less wear, the better your overall cut. Also, please keep in mind that using the wrong blade on the wrong material will lead to damage.
This article covers a lot of basics when it comes to selecting the right type of jigsaw blade for your project.
Cutting Jigsaw Angles
The best part of using a jigsaw is the wide array of angles. You can make straight cuts, sideways cuts, and even cuts on a 45-degree angle. The type of cut depends on the project. Regardless, orbital adjustments like those found on jigsaws get designed specifically for making angled cuts.
Keep in mind that there are so many techniques for angled cutting, and it deserves its own article. Beginners using a jigsaw should reference this high-quality instructional video.
Power of the Jigsaw
The power output of a jigsaw is also something that you’ll need to consider. It is because some cutting applications may require more power. The strokes per minute of a jigsaw, as well as its volts and amps, is important to keep in mind.
When it comes to power, it comes down to a couple of factors. If you want a precise cut through a tough metal, you’ll want to go with a saw that offers more strokes per minute. Why? A higher strokes per minute indicates the jigsaw will cut through hard surfaces (i.e., metal) with more efficiency and less strain on the cutting cool.
Voltage is also important with cordless jigsaws because it is a clear representation of how powerful the jigsaw is with cutting objects.
Aside from sheer power, you’ll also want to make sure that the jigsaw you’re using will last you a decent amount of time. Nobody wants to be standing around, right? So if you are going cordless, and the battery you have doesn’t last very long, you might want to consider picking up a second battery to avoid unwanted interruptions.
The top jigsaws on the market are the best friend for skilled builders. Whether you are starting as a craftsperson or have spent years building things, it never hurts to brush up on the different features of a jigsaw.
Jigsaws make your life easier by providing precise cuts, particularly hard to complete angled cuts. We have helped make your buying decision easier by selecting the best jigsaws for 2020 based on performance, reliability, and durability.